PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

globe's new browsing rates: php 5 for 15 mins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: globe's new browsing rates: php 5 for 15 mins. Reply with quote

just thought i'd post this again for the globe users here:

http://www1.globe.com.ph/feature.aspx?artid=92

talakitok
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Ok na sana, kaya lang... Reply with quote

Ok na sana dahil Globe ang line ko, kaya lang:
Quote:
If disconnected within the 15 minutes, reconnection will be considered a new session charged at P5.

For Smart, you can be disconnected several times within the 30 minutes period and still pay only P10.

If your mobile and browsing the internet, instant messaging or downloading your emails with attachments, your connection might drop several times and you'll be charged more. And I hope that won't happen is that the provider intentionally interrupts the connection.

I hope they should rethink of having the same charging scheme like Smart.

binoy
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo nga.

has anybody tried going online extensively on globe? Probably the longest I've tried is somewhere around 5 minutes and I don't think I got disconnected unintentionally, although that was when they still stuck with the per kb pricing.

Assuming globe gives quality service, this scheme kinda makes it more affordable. But then again 5 pesos doesn't really go a long way.

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

crystal fist
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was trying out Opera Mini 4 on my K800i I tried an experiment of just sticking to my phone for browsing my usual sites. My Globe connection was alright in terms of speed (just GPRS, no 3G in my area). But the thought of how much I was going to be billed for was killing me so I stopped after the 3rd day. The only problem I encountered was that my phone would refuse to connect at certain times of the day, or that it would connect on my first try but then refuse to connect again a few minutes later. So, good speed but somewhat unreliable. This was just last month.

Yeah, Globe should really try to at least match Smart's data pricing. Php 5/15 mins isn't so great if you get charged again for each new session, even if your time total doesn't reach 15 mins.

If nothing changes by the time my contract is up, I'm definitely switching. With its data rates and "promos", Globe acts like it thinks it's the market leader. Hello? Rolling Eyes

whitelighter
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it true that u won't be charge again for reconnection on smart, really !? hmmm !??

talakitok
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: YES, it's true Reply with quote

whitelighter wrote:
is it true that u won't be charge again for reconnection on smart, really !? hmmm !??

YES, it's true based on actual experience! I have used it several times using a prepaid Smart SIM with limited load (P30). I have connected and disconnected several times to check the data charging. So I'm definitely sure that Smart doesn't charge on reconnections within the 30 minutes period.

Kaya not good deal pa rin ang Globe.

Bunker Buster
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about smart, competitive cya. They know how to offer good deal for user. Unlike Globe may sariling mundo. Anwyay, good to know globe is inching its way 2b competitive pero w/string attach pa. Maybe one day ma enlighten cla. Shocked

viper102661
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is true, SMART doesn't charge for reconnection within the 30min time frame. I have proven that and I am using Talk N'Text pa.

Globe sucks, I had to get a second pre-paid line since my kids use globe, I had my moto Razor configured for globe and it worked fine in the globe store, but once I got home amd tried it it worked once and never again, that was almost a year a go. never got it towork again.

so all my mobile browsing and emails are done on my TNT mobile.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: