PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Ayaw magsync ng contacts ko, huhuhu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webmiester
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Ayaw magsync ng contacts ko, huhuhu Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I recently posted about how to backup my gf's phone before I upgrade it... do here's what Ive done:

1) I created a new profile for her under the mail settings of the control panel...

2) I synced her windows mobile device and it synced well...

3) I upgraded her device then was synced everything back Smile

4) Now it was my device's turn...

5) I synced my device using my profile, and it backed up everything! Smile

6) I upgraded my phone...

7) I synced it back... it synced my files and notes back... but not my contacts Sad I've been rechecking and the contacts box is checked naman sa activesync Sad

Cool The computer lets me choose a profile for every sync operation... I choose all of them but still no contacts get synced Sad

9) The settings options in contacts in the Settings tools of activesync is deactivated (I dont know why)

10) I opened outlook and found my contacts under "Personal Folder", but I cant seem to sync my device to them Sad Sad Sad

HELP!

dinoalbert
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean you upgraded your phone to a new ROM?

try to "delete partnership", then when you cradle again your device, create again a new partnership and sync...hope that helps.

88raymond
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you upgraded your GF's phone to a new ROM ?

can you go back to your previous ROM and see if the contacts can be Synched? if yes, before you upgrade again, use the PIM BackupV2.8.0.0 utility made by dotfred at xda-developers.com (development and hacking section) to backup your contacts, appointments, etc. this ensures that your contacts, along with other info, are easily restored

question: if you delete a partnership, wouldn't all Synched data from that partnership be wiped out, making it inaccessible?

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

webmiester
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Finally got it to work Reply with quote

Hi guys,

yes I finally got it to work...

My gf's phone syncronizes properly, only that I lost her memo files. her phone didnt come with an official ROM from the day I bought it (I bought it 2nd hand)

On my phone, I resolved the problem by "upgrading" it using an official ROM then reupragading it again using the ROM I liked.

I think it had something to do with the IPL version which one of the ROMS I used had on it.

Thanks aplenty

[quote] question: if you delete a partnership, wouldn't all Synched data from that partnership be wiped out, making it inaccessible? [\quote]

No, if we erase a partnership, the data will still be stored on the PC, it is only the partnership that's deleted, not the data (thank goodness!). This data can can be synced with any device which will be plugged in, if the settings are correct.

dinoalbert
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88raymond wrote:

question: if you delete a partnership, wouldn't all Synched data from that partnership be wiped out, making it inaccessible?

nope....the data are still in the PC.

Thats what I do everytime I upgrade to another ROM and want to restore my contacts to my device with a new ROM

webmiester
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: it happened again... Reply with quote

So this time I upgraded t again to new ROM, essentially the same as the previous one but with some perks... and ut doesnt want to sync the contacts again!

so I tried...:

1) I used PIM backup before I upgrade (learned my lesson), and I restored it using PIM backup - yehey!

then when I load contacts... well I load it and nothing happens Sad I load it again and again and... NOTHING!

Same goes for calendar Sad

Its a good thing I lso made a copy of its pim.vol (thanks, it's from the other thread). I learned that the soft reset part is essential!

webmiester
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Stranger part Reply with quote

Now the stranger part is that everytime I plug it in, it seems to detect a new computer even though I only use 1 computer.

So when I plug it in the first time, its recognized as "Windows PC", on the second time as ""Windows PC 2", and on the third it asks me to erase one of the partnerships because my device is already syncing with "two" previous computers... duh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: