PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Dopod 838Pro touchscreen unresponsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMJ
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Dopod 838Pro touchscreen unresponsive Reply with quote

Or rather, faulty...

A few months ago my touch screen started to act weerd. The only signals it recognizes on the touch screen is the far left corners (top and bottom) of the screen (when in portrait mode). Touching anywhere else gets translated into a tap on either the left top or left bottom of the screen. Any screen alignments I've done just fails (it keeps repeating without end since I believe the application doesn't detect the taps at the correct places), and soft resets does not fix it either.

I would like to try a hard reset but, as I am expecting this to be a hardware problem, I am worried that I would never be able to go beyond the initial screen alignment activity when you "fresh boot" a rom. It intermittently becomes responsive again (about 5-10% of the time that I try).

Anybody experienced something similar? Should I hard reset and take my chances? Appreciate the help, thanks

EAG
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a screen protector? If it does, have you tried removing the protector?

MMJ
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAG wrote:
Does it have a screen protector? If it does, have you tried removing the protector?

Yes it has and I've tried using it without the screenie but still nothing. It still has the same reaction and I also get the same "works fine occasionally" experience.

jtan
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try sending it to service center...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: