PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

The Glofiish DX900 is coming to Manila
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it works after i changed the port number...either that or the connection must have been flaky during that time. thanks chief

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: HELP MMS ACER Dx900 Reply with quote

You get charged for MMS when you receive them?

I always thought receiving MMS from SMART was free...

Anyway, all you have to check is the MMS settings of your phone. Make sure that it connects to the MMS GPRS connection settings and not the INTERNET GPRS connection settings.

Remember there are 2 APNs that run on the GPRS network. One for MMS and one for Internet.

Also, if by any chance you manually configured your connection settings, then I suggest you let the unit configure them automatically.

Just check the settings again. Your MMS settings should be for MMS and not the Internet. Also, it might not be the MMS that is triggering your Internet connection.

If by any chance you have activated your Live Messenger on your Windows Mobile device, this thing has a tendency to update the status of your contacts. It will then persistently try to connect to the Internet to update your messenger contacts' status or try to download all your email.

Another cause for the unit to connect to the Internet is that you have selected your email (if you created an account in your Inbox) to automatically send adn receive every X hours.

Still another possible cause is the use of Today Plugins or applications that need updating such as weather plugins or RSS feeds. This might trigger your Internet connection without you being aware that it's already doing so.[/quote]

Yup yup i was getting charged 9.89 per MMS i receive. But it comes out as a GPRS charge not MMS.

What i did was to hard Reset my phone, then do the automatic configuration on Smart. Same thing at the end of the month more GPRS charges.

What i did was to compare the time and date of the GPRS Charges on my Bill with the MMS messages i received for that month. It was so clear and consistent with my theory that my phone connects to the GPRS when it receives MMS.

So i did a Hard Reset again and did another Auto Configuration on that Diamond Phone. - Same banana.

So what i finally did is....................i sold it over the weekend so a person who says will use it with Globe. Told him my problem with it and wished him Good luck with Globe MMS.

Now i have the acer dx900. Crossing my fingers that my bill for this month will not contain those Dam GPRS charges.

My next question is, is there a way for the Dx900 to automatically save the SMS and MMS messages on the SD card instead of the ram/rom of the phone? So i don't have to manually save each MMS picture i receive.

I believe as of factory default, all messages are stored in the Ram/rom. I'm afraid that with the MMS pictures i receive, this will be full in soon.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the MMS settings, please check my previous message so that you do not get charged for receiving MMS using the wrong service.

In the MMS settings you can select (although this should have been configured automatically by the phone) and make sure that it is the MMS service that you connect to and not the Internet service.

Again. The APN for Internet is "internet" and you will be charged if you use this. And AFAIK, if you use the MMS connection which uses the APN "mms" you will not get charged for messages received.

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Acer dx900 Reply with quote

Picus wrote:
@Koda

What I have is 2577(DX900_0410_V127) Battery IC Firmware 2577(DX900_0410_V127) WWE
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231314031240463628.rar

and its greatly improved the battery life.

@hlagos1

I don't have issues with the new ROMs installed, so far quite stable for me.

Hi, got a stupid question. I downloaded and installed the battery firmware link you gave. When i installed on phone. There was an error it said it was looking for something. I thought it didn't install. Then my battery meter was stuck at 100%. I thought my battery life has improved until the phone died the morning after..... it died and it was still at 100%. ha ha

Now my phone battery meter is stuck at 100%... does not move at all.

How did this rom work on your unit?
Is there a special way of installing this on the phone or is it just like a regular cab file?

Thanks

Last edited by Koda on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks Thanks Reply with quote

ppcsurfr wrote:
As for the MMS settings, please check my previous message so that you do not get charged for receiving MMS using the wrong service.

In the MMS settings you can select (although this should have been configured automatically by the phone) and make sure that it is the MMS service that you connect to and not the Internet service.

Again. The APN for Internet is "internet" and you will be charged if you use this. And AFAIK, if you use the MMS connection which uses the APN "mms" you will not get charged for messages received.

Thank thanks.

Just my observation.. When i receive MMS with one picture. The message gets to my phone without me noticing it. When i receive MMS messages with 2 or more pictures. It takes time to download. like 5 mins or so. Sometimes it does not want to download. Wierd.

Have you experienced this?

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Thanks Reply with quote

Koda wrote:

Thank thanks.

Just my observation.. When i receive MMS with one picture. The message gets to my phone without me noticing it. When i receive MMS messages with 2 or more pictures. It takes time to download. like 5 mins or so. Sometimes it does not want to download. Wierd.

Have you experienced this?

It also depends on the size of images that you receive and also the limit in Kb that you set for your received MMS.

Would you have a comparison of the sizes of the images in terms of Kb?

Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did this rom work on your unit?
Is there a special way of installing this on the phone or is it just like a regular cab file?

I just double click on the exe file and follow the instruction.

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Thank you and Help Reply with quote

Thank you for your help!! Now just waiting for D Day..When the bills arrive.

Now i have two problems.

one is, i receive MMS pictures. There are times when it is automatically downloaded to my phone. There are days when i have to click on download and it downloads fine. There are times when i click on download.. it says cannot download. Is this a settings problem? Well, i have not touched my settings in those 3 different scenarios.

Problem number two, Would anyone know how to automatically save the Received MMS and SMS to the SD card? So i don't have to manually transfer them to the SD card. Also, the memory of this phone is not so great. Receiving MMS everyday would clog my memory.

Thanks in advance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: