PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

HTC Touch Cruise 09 compatible GPS Applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
be_le
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: HTC Touch Cruise 09 compatible GPS Applications Reply with quote

I would like to ask if anyone knows what type of application is compatible to HTC Touch Cruise 09 model? and also where to get that application? Thank you very much... Smile

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afaik, mapking and garmin mobile xt should work ok with your unit.

http://www.mapking.com/en/
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11413&ra=true

be_le
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information, I downloaded the MapkingR12 which is compatible for my unit but when I start the program an error message appears device check failed unable to launch program and I already tried to download and install the program 2x but the same message appears. Can you help me fix this problem?

For Garmin Mobile XT is quite expensive for me, I just want to try out the GPS features for my unit is there another way to download this software for free? or trial version only so that I can assesed if purchasing this product is worth it? Confused

thank you very much.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to say why mapking isn't working for you...could be a software conflict or configuration problem as it works without a hitch on my tytn 2. try to email their tech support since you need to be satisfied before purchasing their product.

as for garmin, i understand there's a portion on the right side of the link/webpage i gave that has quick links to the manual, software, and faq. clicking on "software" will take you to the trial download page.

be_le
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Mapking software for Diamond and tried it on my unit, it worked but there's a problem on the resolution it cannot show the whole screen maybe because of the screen size difference. Ok I will email their tech support for more info and I will also try the tytn2 software on my unit hope that it will work.

I also tried the garmin trial software it worked also but it was searching for a bluetooth receiver for a Garmin GPS device, sorry Im still clueless about GPS can you give me a tip on how to use Garmin MXT? Thank you very much for your help.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

choose the bottom or last option: connect to a garmin gps. once everything is installed and you're running the program, your device should automatically connect.

btw, my tytn ii didn't work well during the start as there were software compatibility problems. i don't know if you tried out the new mapking version or you're still using the old one (including cruise):

http://www.mapasia.com/AD/HTC/HTC_TYTNII_ENG.htm

there have been quite a number of topics regarding gps in this forum. you can use the search function on top of this page and go through them. some of these are as follows:

http://pinoywindowsmobile.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1745&highlight=garmin

http://pinoywindowsmobile.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2110&highlight=garmin

these have proven to be very helpful Wink

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2-cents:

I prefer to use Garmin Mobile XT over MapKing because of the availability of good map for the Philippines.

- MapKing: only for MetroManila.
- Garmin: very good map for the Philippines. RoadGuide Ph has a battalion of contributors who keep the map updated and free (as long as you contribute).

Initial cost of the MapKing software may be lower, but in the end, the cost of the maps will kill you vs free for Garmin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: