PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Microsoft My Phone - Coming Soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david-ruffin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Microsoft My Phone - Coming Soon! Reply with quote

Today, Microsoft's My Phone Web site went live prior to its scheduled debut. However, we are excited about the new Microsoft My Phone service, which will be available as a limited, invite-only beta. This is a significant milestone for Microsoft as it connects the phone to the PC and Web, making mobility a key pillar for the company's software+services strategy.

This new Microsoft cloud service syncs critical information (e.g., contacts, calendar appointments, tasks, text messages, photos, video, etc) on a user's mobile phone to a password protected Web site. Once synchronized, people can easily back-up and restore mobile phone data. My Phone provides an easy to use Web portal where people can access and manage content on the phone, and share that information with others.

My Phone helps people:

Keep their information backed up if they lose or break their phones.

Transition information if they switch to new phones.

Access the same information from their phone or PC."

This is something I've been waiting for the past several years - syncing your Outlook data to the cloud! Personally, I find this better than ActiveSync via WiFi (when it was still available to pre-Windows Mobile 5 devices) because you'll need to have your computer turned on to sync.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/myphone/myphone.aspx

I hope this service is still for free after the beta.

http://dronthego.wordpress.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Smartty
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Microsoft sync service Reply with quote

Perhaps it is an answer to the Joint venture MobileMe and Google.

At the first glance it may look a better deal than Google but the news doesn't say what kind of website that MS is referring to?

I mean what kind of technology does the website must have before Microsoft allows the address books etc to sync with their system?

So looking forward to clarification of Microsoft

X-Mint
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Smartty - It's part of Microsoft's Cloud Computing technology which they are trying to develop for quite sometime, including Windows Azure. The Over-the-Air sync of info on devices is been offered by Microsoft for years through Exchange Server so its nothing really new to them. But this time they want to offer the services by hosting it so that anyone with not much technical knowledge on how to build and maintain a server can actually have a way to sync and share their info even with the absence of their own PC.

There is also a 3rd party provider that offers free services to sync your data through OWA (Outlook Web Access) and Push Email at the same time. I've been using them for years. You can even link your company email to them as well.

http://www.mail2web.com

X-Mint
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pre-Beta Registration is now open, if you receive a promotional code, you can login and try it, if not just login to your live account and add to the waiting list and wait. I'm not sure how long will it takes but i think its all worth it.

norbert
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out my very short review of My Phone Smile
http://msforums.ph/blogs/norbert/archive/2009/02/19/microsoft-my-phone-syncs-sms-yey.aspx

WindowsMobile.com.ph (coming soon)

david-ruffin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally received my beta invite Very Happy synchronization of my contacts, calendar, and tasks were done in a breeze. text messages however composed of 1030 inbox and 900 sent took around an hour and a half.

so far, i got dismayed that some of my contacts' nos. were not synced. the reason for this is that one of the fields i've chosen to input a mobile no. is not a phone field no.

so if you entered a phone no. to the "Assistant" field, it will not get synced. but if you entered the no. on the "Assistant tel:" field, then it will get synced.

http://dronthego.wordpress.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
donjuanquixote
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a cool apps for windows phone... apir!

plotinius
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great for you guys to receive a beta invite.

How can we ordinary mortals get our hands on My Phone. I am really interested after hearing from Norbert that you can actually sync your SMS.

Mark

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this:

http://sn1-p2.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-PH

orlandopasionjr
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff. I used it to back-up my phone datas...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: