PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Unable to launch Messaging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Pocket PC Phone Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Unable to launch Messaging Reply with quote

My daughter was playing with my TyTn II (WM6.1). When she gave the phone back to me, I could not launch Messaging anymore and I could not receive (no notification) e-mails and SMS. The unit still functions, i.e, can receive/make calls, run other programs.

I tried all of the following, but still the problem still persists:
1. Pressing the button associated with Messaging
2. Tapping on either e-mail or SMS icons on the Home screen
3. Going to Start-Programs and launching the Messaging program
4. Soft reset
5. Removing SIM card then soft reset
6. Re-inserting SIM card then soft reset
7. Running the Connection Setup (Globe)

I do not want to do hard reset, as I cannot afford to lose my data and teh hassle of reinstall/configure all software.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. I don't think I've ever encountered such a problem.

How old is your daughter? Did you ask her what applications she activated? Do you have a registry app installed? How about a file explorer that can change shortcuts?

Did you check if your startup folder still contains all the apps that need to be started when you do a soft reset?

If you don't know what really happened, or can't trace the actions taken that caused it to stop working, then you are left with only one solution... a hard reset.

If you synchronize your unit with Outlook often, it shouldn't really take you more than an hour to fix everything. And, if you are running Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook, you can even backup your SMS and put them back into the unit after the hard reset.

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carlo.

My daughter is 14. She knows how to use WM devices. She said she just played some games.

I do have a registry app installed. Would you want me to check anything in the registry?

I checked my "startup" folder and found the following. I could not recall if there used to be other entries there before.
AutoShortcut
PKG
poutlook
VCDaemon

I looked at the Windows directory and the file "tmail.exe" (size 462K) is there. It just can't be executed.

... still hanging on ... hoping we could find a workaround here ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Pocket PC Phone Edition All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: