PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Activesync via Bluetooth on WM6 Pro -- Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Other Pocket PC Phone Edition devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vince_b
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Activesync via Bluetooth on WM6 Pro -- Help! Reply with quote

Need some help!

I'm running WM6 Pro on HTC Touch Dual and can't seem to get Activesync via Bluetooth to work right. I've been trying to connect to activesync on my laptop via BT but for some reason, after I pair my laptop with my phone successfully, and press connect via bluetooth on activesync from my fone, i get an error message that i have yet to pair with a device that's capable of activesync via bluetooth ("cannot find an existing BT partnership with a PC that supports activesync"). I have followed every step in setting this up, using the activesync help file which came when i installed activesync on my laptop.

any ideas?? do i have to download additional drivers for this?

balasik
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Hi you need to set-up of your PC to be synchronized with bluetooth device (Create a VIRTUAL COM PORT)

Set up a virtual COM port to be associated with ActiveSync on the host PC.

Start> Control Panel > Bluetooth Local COM

Follow the rest.....

Smile

vince_b
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balasik wrote:
Smile

Hi you need to set-up of your PC to be synchronized with bluetooth device (Create a VIRTUAL COM PORT)

Set up a virtual COM port to be associated with ActiveSync on the host PC.

Start> Control Panel > Bluetooth Local COM

Follow the rest.....

Smile

hi! i already did this in control panel, and used COM7 for activesync. and i also allowed connections to be used via the same COM port in activesync connection settings.. still unable to connect though. Sad

balasik
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Make sure that you are using a SERIAL VIRTUAL COM PORT for SERVER connection and NOT for client connection. The port com number is immaterial, it depends on what is availble number to use. But it has no bearing.

Also, on your PDA: Make sure under >Menu >Connections… you UNCHECK Synchronized PC using USB connection

If you still cannot make it work send me your email via PM if you want and I will send you a graphical/pitured set-up procedure.

have a nice day.

kunga1020
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: can you teach me how to do Active sync via Bluetooth Reply with quote

Dear Balasik

Can you teach me how to do Active sync via Bluetooth from my Q35 Samsung Laptop to my HTC HD Touch wm6.1 can you please show me step by step or by graphical/pictured set-up procedure.
Dear Balasik please help me ,I will deeply appreciate of your kindness.

Here is my Email pang1135@yahoo.com.sg
And my PM kunga1020

samiya
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: bluetooth Reply with quote

What is the difference between stereo bluetooth and normal bluetooth? If I get a new phone with stereo bluetooth will I be able to send things between my friends still? or do i need normal bluetooth or do i sound really dumb because they're the same thing?

Last edited by samiya on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: can you teach me how to do Active sync via Bluetooth Reply with quote

kunga1020 wrote:
Dear Balasik

Can you teach me how to do Active sync via Bluetooth from my Q35 Samsung Laptop to my HTC HD Touch wm6.1 can you please show me step by step or by graphical/pictured set-up procedure.
Dear Balasik please help me ,I will deeply appreciate of your kindness.

Here is my Email pang1135@yahoo.com.sg
And my PM kunga1020

The problem is there is no single way of setting up BT ActiveSync. It all depends on your laptop and what drivers or BT module comes with it. Likewise, some WM devices also differ from eachother when it comes to setting AS via BT. .

Please do let us know what BT software your laptop comes with so that people may be able to assist you in setting up your laptop to WM connection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Other Pocket PC Phone Edition devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: