PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

What's so good about Windows Mobile 6.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: What's so good about Windows Mobile 6.5 Reply with quote

If you're not in a hurry to get into the WP7 bandwagon, getting a Windows Mobile 6.5 device might be a good option.

So which is better Windows Mobie 6.5, iPhone 4 OS or Android 2.2?

I would say Windows Mobile still has a great deal of important stuff that can beat all the other OSes including WP7 hands down.

I tried using an Android phone for a little over 2 months. Getting to know it very well and trying to maximize its potential. Android suffers from (for the lack of a better word) the stupidity that surrounds WP7 and the iPhone. Something that Windows Mobile has addressed since 2003... Now ain't that a surprise?

Something which I still can't live without is the PIM synchronization of WM6.5 with Outlook. I find this as a more robust solution over the over-the-air synchronization option of Windows Live.

FWIW, I think Outlook features should be present in the mobile phone as well specially the contacts and calendar entries.

With WM6.5 everything is in sync. I can speediy update and synchronize my Outlook Contacts and Calendar entries with my phone and synchronize that as well with another PC. If I needed to transfer it to Windows Live/Hotmail, there is always the Outlook Connector for Windows Live. Then I can drag and drop copies to my Windows Live folder in Outlook.

This I think remains as the easiest way to manage everything specially with the link between appointments and contacts.

For now I still cannot sync copies of my calendar entries with Windows Live which have been created through Meeting Requests. Hmmm. I'd hate to lose this feature when I jump to Windows Phone 7.

So back I am with my Windows Mobile 6.5 device and it's been heaven for me. I have my PIM in my pocket... I can send and receive meeting requests, and really use it for very important things.

My Windows Mobile 6.5 device is a serious device. It's not meant only for fun, facebooking and all, but is a tool designed for productivity. Too bad there isn't a device like it out there unless Microsoft wakes up and realizes that it should put back all the good things it threw out the window after winning the Palm - Windows Mobile war.

spiderman
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with your windows phone 7 or windows mobile 6.5 is powerful to your productivity, in any professional field you are.. Very Happy

" When CHINA is Awakens, the WORLD will TREMBLE " by Napoleon Bonaparte

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: