PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Skipping Windows Phone 7 and going straight to 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Skipping Windows Phone 7 and going straight to 8 Reply with quote

As a long time user of Windows CE devices, I've been very spoiled by the features of Windows CE particularly the ability to multi-task. This was one of the features that made Windows CE and its other iterations such as the Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition and Windows Mobile Smartphone a more compelling product.

Since most, if not all, of those Windows Mobile features were simply omitted during the Windows Phone revamp, I decided to stick it out with the last remaining consumer ready version of Windows CE - the Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphone. It gave me near PC capabilities and the power of mobile communications.

This was something which Windows Phone 7 and 7.5 could neither match nor be half as good.

So for the two years that followed after Windows Phone 7 came out, I decided to turn my back on Windows Phone and just be content with what I could get with my WIndows Mobile 6.5 device.

The changes incorporated in Windows Phone 8 simply made me change my mind and somehow changed how I use my devices. I wouldn't say I can do more with it, but at least I could do something with it.

Social Networking, Email, Contacts, Calendar, the Internet play a big part in my Windows Phone usage. But sadly, it is limited to those. I still miss the PC in your Pocket approach of the old Windows Mobile devices.

I'm not that happy with what I can get with MS Office for Windows Phone since my old devices could do more.

Maybe in the next versions of Windows Phone, it will bring up some of the old things the Pocket PC could do really well. If this is a smartphone... it should really show how smart it is.

Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am really frustrated after getting the HTC 8x promo, with Windows Phone 8 don't have even calendar search capabilities, no direct usb desktop / wifi sync with MS outlook PIM. PIM sync via Hotmail are limited to calendar & contacts web version with limited data too Sad

Love its Lumia 1020 camera that keeps me interested on the sides

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picus wrote:
Am really frustrated after getting the HTC 8x promo, with Windows Phone 8 don't have even calendar search capabilities, no direct usb desktop / wifi sync with MS outlook PIM. PIM sync via Hotmail are limited to calendar & contacts web version with limited data too Sad

Love its Lumia 1020 camera that keeps me interested on the sides

Oh yes... A lot of frustration from this side too.

But, that's the price of being tech dependent. Not all technologies tend to move in the same direction.

A lot of them have even omitted some features to give way to newer ones.

How I wish they never killed Windows Mobile. This for me would have been a better option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: