PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

SAMSUNG SGH-i600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper102661
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a couple of weeks.....any more reports of dust in the i600?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

spiderworld
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine 2 weeks ago from the samsung stall in Greenhills, used it for 1 week and no dust problems, bought a screen protector (had to cut it up to fit) and also no dust problems so far.
Been reading my gmail using smart and globe SIM cards with no problem but last June 10, when I tried using Globe, it cant open the gmailand Yahoo mail site, all other site / web pages can be accessed except gmail and yahoo mail. Has anyone had the same problem?

spiderworld
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, has anyone had any luck syncing their i600 with windows vista? I installed the windows mobile device from microsoft but it does not detect the phone when I connect it to the PC. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@spiderworld,

How did you set up the GPRS account for your device? Was it automatically done or did you input the values yourself?

As for synchronizing it with Windows Vista, you don't need to install the WMDC for it to be recognized. It should recognize it without the Windows Mobile Device Center (limited access though and no synching of PIM data). But this is a good way of checking where the fault is.

1. Is your USB port active where it can detect any USB device such as a flash drive (stupid question I know... just eliminating the possible causes).

2. Is your cable working?

3. Is the device sensing the connection? Charging light lighting up?

4. Does your PC detect a new USB device when you connect it?

spiderworld
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GPRS was set up automatically, I just go to START, SETTINGS, OPERATOR SETTINGS and choose either Globe or Smart. I do not input any values or setting after this. Everything works fine (GPRS, Internet) but after each session I have to go to WIRELESS MANAGER and turn the phone off to turn off GPRS or Internet (dont know if I really have to do this but I am worried that it is still logged on)

As for syncing, my OS recognizes the phone as a mass storage device (when I set it as such) but what I want to do is to sync with outlook and this I cannot do.
Cable is working, charging light lights up, PC recognizes prompts me that a new device is found and drivers are installed everytime I plug it. Its only WDMC that does not recognize it. Its supposed to start up when I connect the phone but it does not and even if you manually start the program, all it says is phone being detected (even after 2 hours)

So how will I be able to sync with outlook if I do not use WDMC?

jspalaroan
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: active sync connection using Bluetooth Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to WM5,using i600, Can anyone help me how to use active sync using Bluetooth connection, disabled the antivirus as well as windows firewall still not sucessful , using windows XP SP2 however using the cable is OK. Able to pair the device to desktop but when i go to control panel (blue tooth device) and follow instructions to add device etc error occured " bluetooth is radio is off etc....

Appreciate your help.

ccpaulin
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check device manager of Vista, see if your device needs a driver. Uninstall if necessary.
Most of the time Vista will use the internet to get the drivers.
I'm having problem too, I need to restart my device while connected for Vista to recognized but no problem with XP. Be sure to update WMDC.

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

jspalaroan
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check however i'm using Windows SP2 not Vista-Question need to sync using BT as all my Usb ports are being used already

misfit.physics
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to: spiderworld

i have tried mine using that method but it still cannot connect. i am prepaid though. i tried using 010.102.061.046 for the IP address but still it wont work..

using my i600 as modem doesn't work as well..

please help. its been two weeks since i got this beastie.

thank you.

egarayblas
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i600 user here and I love this device! Smile

spiderworld: I've had similar problems connecting my device to Vista too, have you tried connecting your device while your machine is connected to the internet? This way, when it detects a new device, it can automatically scan for new drivers. This seems to have fixed my connection issues.

jspalaroan: Please make sure that your i600 is "paired" to your Bluetooth computer first. You can do this using your computer's BT utility. After setting up a pair, open ActiveSync, click on File-->Connection Settings...then check the ticker: Allow connections to one of the following and then select your Bluetooth's COM port from the drop-down list. From your device, turn on BT, run Activesync and choose connect. Hope this helps! Smile

misfit.physics: I've had my i600 for weeks now but I haven't been able to make the internet sharing work properly either. Please refer to this page for internet/usb modem issues. I haven't read it yet but it seems to have a lot of information on using your WM5 device as a USB modem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
misfit.physics
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks....

mine really won't work.

jspalaroan
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try to unpair the I600 and make new pairing again and hope this would go through. Currently its paired- in fact i can send file from PC to I600 but not vice versa . BT maybe has a lot of issues with Windows XP due to security issues. But at least I'm using the branded BT's Thanks

kintsay
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peeps, i'm a new owner of an i600 and desperately need your help.

1. I have bought my unit in Singapore and currently i am having problems setting up my connectivity to GPRS/HSDPA/etc. I am using Globe here in Manila, while the presets in my phone are configured for Sing Telco providers (e.g. Singtel, Strahub, etc.) Anyone here who has a step by step info on what to configure for Globe use?

2. I also am currently having some sync problems with my PC. I'm using XP with SP2, and unfortunately, my ActiveSync could not detect my phone (even though it automatically detects the phone and launches). Connection tool also detects the USB (seen available)? I've tried using another PC (XP and SP2 also) and the dang thing did connect and synch. Can anyone here help me see what further things i need to check (e.g. driver, config, etc.) - and guide me as well on this?

3. I also tried Active Sync using Bluetooth using the direction on the Help (e.g. pairing first, configuring COM on AS, then sync) but still could not connect.

I'm desperate on this already, and am already planning to format my PC. However, would like to exhaust all possible options first before I do it.

4. Lastly, has anyone here in Manila has tried configuring the Push Email? How does this work and what needs to be done?

Just like you guys, I am very satisfied with this phone considering its form factor and features, which from my perspective is the best there is at its price.

Thank you in advance.

ccpaulin
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Internet sharing:
when you connect your i600 on your PC, it will detect it as an internet gateway but you need to initiate the www on the i600. there is an article at theunwired.net on how to use DUN.

Connecting the i600:
try this, install the driver CD first, restart if necessary.
connect i600, windows should detect your i600. in case activesync didn't detect the i600, restart your i600 while connected to your PC.

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

misfit.physics
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kintsay wrote:
Hi peeps, i'm a new owner of an i600 and desperately need your help.

1. I have bought my unit in Singapore and currently i am having problems setting up my connectivity to GPRS/HSDPA/etc. I am using Globe here in Manila, while the presets in my phone are configured for Sing Telco providers (e.g. Singtel, Strahub, etc.) Anyone here who has a step by step info on what to configure for Globe use?

ans: go to Start->Settings->Operator Settings
then select Globe from left and right key.....

if there is no Globe/Smart or other philippine operator displayed:
do the following:

1. Remove sim, please back up your files because it may be deleted
2. Power ON
3. type *#1546792*# > then select preconfiguration
4. password > *#81230*#
5. Select country > Philippines
6. Network selection > Globe
7. Done

don't ask where did i get this Razz

2. I also am currently having some sync problems with my PC. I'm using XP with SP2, and unfortunately, my ActiveSync could not detect my phone (even though it automatically detects the phone and launches). Connection tool also detects the USB (seen available)? I've tried using another PC (XP and SP2 also) and the dang thing did connect and synch. Can anyone here help me see what further things i need to check (e.g. driver, config, etc.) - and guide me as well on this?

ans: download ActiveSync 4.5

3. I also tried Active Sync using Bluetooth using the direction on the Help (e.g. pairing first, configuring COM on AS, then sync) but still could not
connect.

ans: download ActiveSync 4.5

I'm desperate on this already, and am already planning to format my PC. However, would like to exhaust all possible options first before I do it.

ans: do not cut the hand, to fix a finger Smile

4. Lastly, has anyone here in Manila has tried configuring the Push Email? How does this work and what needs to be done?

ans: im from cebu Smile but it should work the same Smile
Go to Start->Messaging, then make a new account. then make sure you get the smtp and pop server right. its best to leave a copy to the server. or else when ur phone is screwed, you have no back up of your -shall i say- precious maiils Very Happy

Just like you guys, I am very satisfied with this phone considering its form factor and features, which from my perspective is the best there is at its price.

Thank you in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: