PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

HEADCOUNT-Samsung i600 owners in PWM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper102661
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anymore reports of dust getting in the unit?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
abv818
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viper102661 wrote:
anymore reports of dust getting in the unit?

My unit is 4 months old already and haven't encountered any dust problem so far.

As of todate, headcount is 15 and still going....

docmario
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: re:headcount Reply with quote

# 16 just got my i600 a week ago

loving it so much

-----------------------

SUGARNOT

Last edited by docmario on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

blacktangledheart
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have dust problem on my phone

midnight_cowboy
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since this thread revolves around rosters of users of i600, this question might be considered loose canon. i am teetering at a buying frenzy of an i600, and i might be in the same fold as with the rest of the people in this thread, only that my buying decision is pivoted on the following matters:

1) battery life--- from other threads, i600 has been raking horrendous rise of complaints about its short battery life. i have to ask the users as to how long do their batteries last. i know wifi-eing will drain out real fast than regular phone apps, but my main workhorse would be email, and wifi would just be secondary since i am always lugging around with a laptop.

2) caller ID--- may fix na yata about this. so consider this factor "resolved."

3) document editor--- what third party application did you use for document editing. i have spreadsheet files that i constantly update when i'm doing market study. and unfurling my lappie at the middle of spying competitors would just be too cumbersome and too conspicuous.

any thoughts about these?

david-ruffin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey midnight_cowboy! been a while since you last visited here! to answer no. 3, Docs to Go for Smartphone is the most reliable software for documents-editing. i still use this over the Office Mobile version of the Standard (while the i600 currently doesn't have Office Mobile, it will be included once its been upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.

midnight_cowboy wrote:
since this thread revolves around rosters of users of i600, this question might be considered loose canon. i am teetering at a buying frenzy of an i600, and i might be in the same fold as with the rest of the people in this thread, only that my buying decision is pivoted on the following matters:

1) battery life--- from other threads, i600 has been raking horrendous rise of complaints about its short battery life. i have to ask the users as to how long do their batteries last. i know wifi-eing will drain out real fast than regular phone apps, but my main workhorse would be email, and wifi would just be secondary since i am always lugging around with a laptop.

3) document editor--- what third party application did you use for document editing. i have spreadsheet files that i constantly update when i'm doing market study. and unfurling my lappie at the middle of spying competitors would just be too cumbersome and too conspicuous.

http://dronthego.wordpress.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
midnight_cowboy
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david-ruffin wrote:
hey midnight_cowboy! been a while since you last visited here! to answer no. 3, Docs to Go for Smartphone is the most reliable software for documents-editing. i still use this over the Office Mobile version of the Standard (while the i600 currently doesn't have Office Mobile, it will be included once its been upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.

midnight_cowboy wrote:

thanks bro. andito naman ako palagi ah, tahimik na nagmamasid. Smile

sorry, an iteration of off-topic post again: to be brutally honest, i dread to buy a phone befor the end of the week, so any insight(what's hot and what's not, gripes or grins) that i can gather would be so much trivial.

so is it samsung i600? or a motorola Q.

and i will be anchoring on functionalities and features that would dictate better battery life, ease of synchronization, doc handling/editing, and wifi would just be secondary.

days from now will either make or break the delight(or demise) my purchase decision to have another phone that could either astutely fit for my workload or just posing as a non-essential piece of brick out of my credit card's "too limited" limit.

cutiepatootsie
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one last week. Upgraded to wm6. Apparently, due to poor eyesight I installed agenda one meant for wm5 so ... it hasn't been great.

As a former palm user.... it's going to be a learning process for me to convert palm files into outlook.

At this point, I dont get the appeal of the I600 well yah it's slimmer and sexier than the e61i but... i'm used to symbian OS... and more "freeware" for symbian.

My migration to wm OS, was cause I noticed even the latest palm is coming out w a wm OS or partial wm OS.... *confused* so I guess now's the time to learn...

Was wondering if there is a 3rd party software to make sorting and viewing more of a pleasure both on my pc and mobile... if i'm to use outlook...

Oh, i'm now considering on going back to wm5, is that possible? Smile
and if this still doesnt agree with me.... hello e61i... Rolling Eyes

MobileNewbie
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of I600 owners!

Can anyone tell me where to upgrade to WM6?

I have another question: Now my emails get updated when I use Active Sync with my laptop.

But when I am in a wifi zone (without my laptop), can I connect to my email server to update my emails?

Copperjacket
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Count me in i600 users Reply with quote

Razz count me in Razz

mine is still in Mobile 5 bought it in August for my wifey's wi-fi needs Very Happy

rpv1004
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15. rpv1004

Got mine two weeks ago...Where can I download wm6 upgrade that is compatible with i600 DXGD1 version? Thanks

midnight_cowboy
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MobileNewbie wrote:
Add me to the list of I600 owners!

Can anyone tell me where to upgrade to WM6?

I have another question: Now my emails get updated when I use Active Sync with my laptop.

But when I am in a wifi zone (without my laptop), can I connect to my email server to update my emails?

i suppose yes. you only need to know your server names: pop/imap(incoming) and smtp(outgoing) and of course your port numbers. you also need to check if there are authentications required.

djposh7
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

17. djposh7

jst got mine today.

mackymd
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: me also Reply with quote

Got mine last week
18.mackymd

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, wait for the i780. looks like an i600 with TOUCHSCREEN! Wink

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: