PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Anyone using Mapking or Garmin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jan
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.freewebs.com/phroadguide

best garmin map for philippines

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jan wrote:

This is great!

The problem with other map providers is that they don't really care about the Philippines. It takes a lot of work to get things going.

It would be nice to see if all major cities are covered by the major map providers for GPS use.

delicado
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppcsurfr wrote:
jan wrote:

This is great!

The problem with other map providers is that they don't really care about the Philippines. It takes a lot of work to get things going.

It would be nice to see if all major cities are covered by the major map providers for GPS use.

sir i dnt think its working

spiderman
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is working but not that accurate compare to use it in other countries. i use this garmin back in china to climb the mountain and the result is accurate and even in hong kong...

but here in the philippines i dont think it would be that accurate, i remember when carlo & xmint using GPS here they get lost... also korben not lost but having a hard time for positioning...

" When CHINA is Awakens, the WORLD will TREMBLE " by Napoleon Bonaparte

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
korben

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderman wrote:

but here in the philippines i dont think it would be that accurate, i remember when carlo & xmint using GPS here they get lost... also korben not lost but having a hard time for positioning...

for my part the holux was faulty. running gps hardware here is pretty much accurate no doubt, but the only mishaps i experience is the apps and accuracy of maps.

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SKYLARK3
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderman wrote:
it is working but not that accurate compare to use it in other countries. i use this garmin back in china to climb the mountain and the result is accurate and even in hong kong...

Spidey, I think he meant "the link is not working" (or is it?). I tried it and the Luzonmap link is not accessible.

Drekz
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: GPS accuracy Reply with quote

hi guys!

new member here, but on Yahoo Group matagal na. i've been using gps since 1999. my units are Garmin eTrex basic & the eTrex Summit, both units are not map capable. it was only 2002 when i discovered the waypointsdotph, also a yahoo group, which most of the members are travellers, hikers, trekkers & gps enthusiats started creating philippine maps for Garmin units.

accuracy, hmm... probably 5 to 20 meters, although it will depend also on the gps reciever u're using. sirf 3 & nemerix type chipsets are the best for me.

before, it was only Luzon map were almost completed & some part of visayas & mindanao. bigla nalang may sumulpot na belgian guy joined the yahoo group & posted his philippine map almost complete na, ang galing!!! i'm not sure if he's the same jan who posted the link
Quote:
jan
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

kuya jan ikaw ba yan???

he's a biker travelling around the philippines at the same time collecting tracks to create philippine map. pinoy na pinoy na yan Very Happy

sana kayo din na familiarize na sa gps pwedeng contributors din to complete the philippine map

korben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually in my free time i do plot points where ever i may go. Luzon for now.

I use EficaGPS Utilities and NoniGPSPlot softwares for my PPC and Mainnav MG0930S BT GPS for hardware. I plot points from there, then export it as kml file for GoogleMaps to see.

Im just starting out hopefully add more from time to time.

My Multiply site

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drekz
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Garmin Que (for pocket pc user) to use non garmin bluetooth Reply with quote

what i have now are O2 XDA IIs and Haicom & other china made bluetooth gps reciever also tas meron pang Garmin eTrex Legend which is a map capable unit (hehehe addict ba sa gps?). i haven't tried these on PDA/ PDA-Phone with built-in GPS.
read carefully & follow the instructions on the link:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php?title=PocketPC_Setup_Guide_to_use_Malsing_maps#Install_Garmin_Que

then download philippine map here:
http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com/mapsetview.php?id=220
older version ata yan

dito yata yung bagong version:
http://www.freewebs.com/phroadguide/download.htm

to use it on PC, you need a Garmin Wordmap software. for pocket pc, look for the file with the *.img extension yan lang kailan then patch IMG tas copy it to your pocket pc main memory or storage memory like sd card.

pag nag work, exchange note na tayo. if not, post your problem/questions here tas pag tulungan natin

oo nga pala, the maps are gratis, lang bayad bayanihan lang talaga pati foreigner tumulong sa pag gawa ng philippine map

Razz cheers pare!

ps

naalala ko, you can read the IMG files using a shareware GPSMapedit
http://www.geopainting.com/en/

tas, if you're a garmin map capable user you can use "sendMap20" to load the map to your garmin unit para magamit nyo. download na lang nyo yung freeware "sendMap20" dito
http://cgpsmapper.com/buy.htm

yung tourist destinations & GPS waypoints dito nyo makikita
http://www.waypoints.ph/

korben

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Drekz
nde naman halata xado addict sa GPS hehhehee///

meron na akong isa pang GPS enthusiast dito Very Happy

geocaching tayo minsan Very Happy

My Multiply site

Drekz
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't tried geocaching, sige pwede! kya lang wag dun sa dating bombing sites like glorietta & batasan Laughing baka mapagkamalan tayong terrorist Razz
lalo na pag napansin ng security may hinahanap tayo

@all

if your bluetooth gps is not garmin g10 don't use the garmin mobile xt kasi it won't work tas later on mahihirapan kayo install & make the Garmin Que work for your Pocket PC

the Russa software is also nice, however, for the demo you're only allowed 100kb of IMG file. if you have the licensed copy walang problema sa file size, also, collecting tracks & wapoints are easy.
http://www.gisrussa.com/

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drekz wrote:

@all

if your bluetooth gps is not garmin g10 don't use the garmin mobile xt kasi it won't work tas later on mahihirapan kayo install & make the Garmin Que work for your Pocket PC

even when using gpsgate?

Drekz
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sgt. shultz

i haven't tried it. i would suggest you backup first your pocket pc so if things don't work you can still revert your old setup minus the mobile xt

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drekz wrote:
@sgt. shultz

i haven't tried it. i would suggest you backup first your pocket pc so if things don't work you can still revert your old setup minus the mobile xt

that's my setup before I sold my holux (holux + gpsgate + garmin cue) but have not tried using with xt.

Drekz
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt. shultz wrote:

that's my setup before I sold my holux (holux + gpsgate + garmin cue) but have not tried using with xt.

im not familiar with gpsgate, siguro minsan i'l try to experiment. maganda kasi garmin mobile xt kasi 3D like Mapking, also parang easier to search. once i tried hindi nga gumana with gpsproxy tas nahirapan akong ibalik to garmin que, luckily may backup ako kaya nabalik ko sa dati

ano unit mo nga pala ngayon?

dati gamit ko Acer N30 pocket pc ang sya with bluetooth gps tas naka mount car holder nabili ko locally kay silie @ tipidpc pero member din ata sya dito. yung ganito

tas yung usb charger nya kinabit ko sa 12v cigarette lighter - USB charger similar to this one sa cdrking ko naman binili parang nasa P120 lang ata kaya kahit 6 to 8 hours driving hindi na discharge PDA, infact fully charge sya parati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: