PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Samsung i900 Omnia (Topics merged)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loko__loko
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Samsung i900 Reply with quote

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia_announced_live_pics_inside-news-519.php

The highly rumored Samsung i900 is finally unveiled by Samsung. Called Samsung i900 Omnia, this Windows Mobile PocketPC seems as a strong competitor of the rumored 3G iPhone, which should be announced today too. Of course, the feature set puts it head-to-head with HTC Touch Diamond too. However we have the feeling that the HTC TouchFLO 3D might be a bit more spectacular than what the Samsung i900 offers.

Samsung i900 Omnia will be first displayed at the CommunicAsia expo held in Singapore from June 17 to 20 but all details about its specifications are already made public.

Based on Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro, the Samsung i900 offers a 3.2-inch WideQVGA display (240 x 400 pixels) and an optical mouse much like the one found in the Samsung i780. Camera-wise the Samsung i900 Omnia is one helluva amibitious handset - offering a 5 megapixel auto focus snapper with face and smile detection plus auto-panorama shot. Geotagging is also among the camera features since the i900 also packs a built-in GPS receiver.

As style has it, the Samsung i900 Omnia waistline is only 12.5mm and the brushed metal back certainly adds to its refined looks. That figure along with the other dimensions makes it rather identical to the Apple iPhone. Most importantly the i900 shares with the iPhone the same massive internal memory - both an 8GB and a 16GB i900 versions will be available with the microSD still present for further expanding those with up to 16 gigs worth of storage.

The specs sheet of the Samsung i900 is then boosted by the quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support plus HSDPA 7.2Mbps. Thanks to the built-in accelerometer, the UI automatically rotates to follow the handset's current orientation. Wi-Fi support is also on board to make the i900 sound even juicier.

The USB port, FM radio with RDS and stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) are among the final touches to this loaded PocketPC.

And since touch-optimization is of critical importance when you strive to compete with Apple's iPhone, Samsung have also ported their TouchWiz user interface for use on Windows Mobile. We saw that Touch UI for the first time on the Samsung F480 and we surely enjoyed it.

The Samsung i900 Omnia will be market available from June 2008 (Europe - July 2008), which also coincides with the projected availability of the new 3G iPhone.

Since we had the opportunity to spend some time with the Samsung i900 Omnia before its official release, we can gladly provide you with some more detailed real-life shots. Enjoy!
when they swim with padi... i dive with NAUI
when all men wear hanes... i wear none
http://www.planetdive.net

frederickcariaga
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Samsung i900 Omnia Reply with quote

The phone that I've been waiting for. Pretty impressive specification.

Based on Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro, the Samsung i900 offers a 3.2-inch WideQVGA display (240 x 400 pixels) and an optical mouse much like the one found in the Samsung i780. Camera-wise the Samsung i900 Omnia is one helluva amibitious handset - offering a 5 megapixel auto focus snapper with face and smile detection plus auto-panorama shot. Geotagging is also among the camera features since the i900 also packs a built-in GPS receiver.

As style has it, the Samsung i900 Omnia waistline is only 12.5mm and the brushed metal back certainly adds to its refined looks. That figure along with the other dimensions makes it rather identical to the Apple iPhone. Most importantly the i900 shares with the iPhone the same massive internal memory - both an 8GB and a 16GB i900 versions will be available with the microSD still present for further expanding those with up to 16 gigs worth of storage.

Kailan kaya magiging available to sa Pilipinas? Sana mura lang din gaya ng ibang WM Samsung device.

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

ccpaulin
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the device is ok for non qwerty device, the only set back is the low resolution screen, large but low resolution.

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the screen resolution is yet another one of those that are not yet standard.just wondering how it affect the displays of applications.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ccpaulin
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will surely have problem with the resolution.
I don't know why they are doing this non-standard screen size/resolution. Maybe they can't fit all the phone parts to the prefer dimensions or lcd manufacturers have a promo for wrongly cut lcd... Very Happy

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the competitive prices of Samsung WM devices lately, baka nga special offer ng LCD Suppliers yan. Very Happy

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..demo set arrived...here in SG... Very Happy hope I have the time to play.. Very Happy
or just watch the The PPCSG Samsung i900 test drive

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
danielmaradona
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the design of this phone, the only thing that I don't like is the inclusion of the optical mouse. I think the 5 way navigator is more efficient in controlling the cursor on the screen. Overall this is better than the iPhone in overall productivity value.

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt. shultz wrote:
..demo set arrived...here in SG... Very Happy hope I have the time to play.. Very Happy
or just watch the The PPCSG Samsung i900 test drive

Feedback Sarge pag nahanapan mo ng oras! Sana dumating agad dito sa Pinas kasi possible bumaba price ng i780 pagdating niya. Very Happy

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U know the specs,u know it can send mms,here's the price - sgd1098.fair price for 16gb,gps,hsdpa,accelerometer,etc?

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fair, considering they are selling the Touch Diamond here for 39K while ang lamang lang ng Diamond palagay ko is the pimped-out UI. They should start shipping the Omnia here para mabili ko na i780 ko! Thanks sarge for the info.Smile

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend tested it yesterday and he loved it!you can have a potential 32gb in this device. The 8Gb version will also be available later.

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maganda reviews so far kasi bilis daw compared sa Diamond and so far stable daw...ganda ng specs for its price! Smile Nahawakan mo na sarge?

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roamron wrote:
Maganda reviews so far kasi bilis daw compared sa Diamond and so far stable daw...ganda ng specs for its price! Smile Nahawakan mo na sarge?

di pa nga e Very Happy pinatest ko lang sa friend ko na nasa CommunicAsia....tapos na out of stock agad! back in 2 weeks pa Laughing

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow selling like hotcakes pala a. Laughing Sana talaga dumating na dito!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: