PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Pls suggest a gr8 Windows Mobile based on the ff criteria..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnocomski
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Pls suggest a gr8 Windows Mobile based on the ff criteria.. Reply with quote

Hey guys, found this forum on search. I am an old time user of SAP1 and O2 XDA II Mini. I am planning to get a new mobile phone soon and I was wondering kung anu ba ang masasabi nyo na pinaka-maganda, stable at di naman sobrang mahal na Windows Mobile Phone? I am looking for one na:

- Ok ang processor and memory (di nag ha-hang madalas)
- syempre dapat expandable ang storage
- WIFI capable
- Touch screen
- May full service and parts support dito sa atin
- Ok ang camera (unlike dun sa O2 XDA II Mini na ang labo)
- 3G support
- at yung di naman sobrang mahal.. hehe

I am leaning towards O2 XDA Flame sana, kaso may nabasa ako na phased out na pala ang O2 dito. Any input from you guys, would be much appreciated.

Salamat po! Very Happy

Last edited by jnocomski on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

dinoalbert
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure which is available in the local market but here's your choice:

HTC Diamond
HTC Rapahel
Sony Xperia
Samsung Omnia

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402078

HTC Touch HD!

http://blogs.inquirer.net/m-ph/2008/09/19/htc-touch-hd-vs-iphone-3g/

and if you can wait for WM7 check here:

http://www.engadget.com/photos/is-this-windows-mobile-7/

david-ruffin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with those requirements, you can get the following:

Samsung i780
HTC Touch Cruise
Samsung i900 (Omnia)
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Tytn II

i believe the Samsung i780 is the least expensive among these 5 devices.

but personally, i don't think the i780 is the "Best Windows Mobile device in the Philippines Market today" which is the title of your post. methinks the HTC Touch Pro is the finest as of the moment. of course, to buy the finest device, you'll have to pay for a high price - Php 50,800.00.

then again, it depends on ourselves on how we define a device that is best for us.

http://dronthego.wordpress.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jayteecie
Windows Mobile Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second on the HTC Touch Pro! Someone at Philmug was able to buy it at Ambassador in Park square 1 for only 43K! Can anybody confirm this? Rolling Eyes

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for HTC Touch Pro here...I was able to hold it while it wasn't even turned on and I fell in love. Price wise di siya pasok pero for me I really think every peso spent for this hottie will be worth it.

For the best value for money though the Samsung i780 hits the mark. Smile

MMJ
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed you didn't mention anything about user entry, so keyboards or no keyboards arent exactly an issue with you right? i agree with the previous posts about the i780. I'd suggest the MOTO Q9h but it lacks built in WiFi (and a cam i think).

I'm not sure of O2 is phased out but we now have HTC (OEM to O2) bringing in the goods to us directly.

Oh, and need I say that, considering only the title of the thread, that my vote goes to the HTC Touch Pro? Very Happy

jayteecie:
43k lang!?!? its still an arm and a leg but damn

jayteecie
Windows Mobile Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MMJ
Hehe! Yeah you're right still pricey@43K but others price tag for it is around 50K. Rolling Eyes

SuperInggo
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Samsung i900 Omnia Reply with quote

I'm surprised why non of you guys seriously considered SAMSUNG i900 OMNIA. It meets all the requirements the poster asked in this thread. Its camera alone is one of the best there is and touch-pro cam can't touch it!
Personally, I prefer its big 3.2" screen over smaller ones even with high res. Bigger is better. I also prefer its simpler, faster and more practical user interface than the resource hungry touch-flo-3d in touch-pro. The haptic feedback of the virtual keyboard is a big help in typing. And most importantly, the price is just right at P31,000+ for the 8GIG model Smile

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Samsung-Omnia-i900.htm

Last edited by SuperInggo on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

dinoalbert
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402078

qt_arvin
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget the new Palm Treo Pro

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treopro/specs.html

rodnav
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 16 gb omnia can be had for 31.6k with official samsung warranty at this store http://www.ebuystore.com.ph/products.php?cat_id=1&sub_id=4&pro_id=681.it's a philippine store and i've bought a couple of items from them already. they're reputable and they even accept credit cards or paypal and they offer free delivery anywhere in the philippines through fedex.

SuperInggo
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodnav wrote:
the 16 gb omnia can be had for 31.6k

@rodnav

Wow i'm not up to date lately. That's the price of 8 GB model here in my place. So how much is the official philippine price of the 8Gb model rodnav?

Edit: Okey I got it now. its 27,900. Not bad for a flagship WM phone Smile

http://www.ebuystore.com.ph/products.php?cat_id=1&sub_id=4&pro_id=618

jnocomski
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salamat guys, Im actually considering Samsung Omnia, kasi as much as I am tempted to get the HTC Touch Pro, eh nanghihinayang ako sa 50T. Wahehe... Pero di naman din ako nagmamadali, so I'm carefully weighing all my options.

Yeah, di naman important sakin kung may keyboard or wala. Medjo turn-off lang walang stylus slot ang Omnia. Kelan ba ang release ng SE Xperia? How about HTC Diamond? Magkanu ba saatin yun ngaun?

Thanks ulet guys! Very Happy

viper102661
Windows Mobile Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but everyone including the poster forgot to ask or state how is the device going to be used. what is important is that it meets your requirements. you can always wish for and want the best but it might be an overkill for your requirements. my point here is why buy a mercedes or a porsche if what you are going to use it for is just going to the grocery store. a kia would do and you would have excess money for other things.

so decide first what your budget is, what you are going to use it for, then ask what is the best unit to buy for that.

cheers

Message posted using a Windows Mobile device

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jnocomski
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viper102661 wrote:
am not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but everyone including the poster forgot to ask or state how is the device going to be used. what is important is that it meets your requirements. you can always wish for and want the best but it might be an overkill for your requirements. my point here is why buy a mercedes or a porsche if what you are going to use it for is just going to the grocery store. a kia would do and you would have excess money for other things.

so decide first what your budget is, what you are going to use it for, then ask what is the best unit to buy for that.

cheers

Ok, I understand what you're saying but I don't think it is that much vague to ask for the "best" windows mobile phone based on the criteria that I've given.

- Ok ang processor and memory (di nag ha-hang madalas)

As we all know, since SAP1, this is the most common problem together with the battery drains fast issue. Regardles if I specify if I'll use it as a pda or a phone, one doesn't want a gadget that hangs a lot.

- syempre dapat expandable ang storage

As simple as, I want more storage.

- WIFI capable

For me this is the most important, as I want to be able to connect to the net via WIFI instead of using GPRS or my network's internet service.

- Touch screen

I am used to using O2 Touchscreen devices without a keyboard, so I think I need not elaborate much if I want one or not. May it be for PDA use or as a mobile phone.

- May full service and parts support dito sa atin

Ok, I think this is also self-explanatory.

- Ok ang camera (unlike dun sa O2 XDA II Mini na ang labo)

I stated a comparison, so that at least it's much more clearer than the one I made as an example of. Do I need to state if I will use it as a camera or not? I guess the fact that I said that it should be at least more OK compared to the O2 XDA II Mini which is 1.5MP or so, then a 2MP or above that is fine. Maybe one with flash and autofocus. But then again, maybe there's one that doesnt have flash but still Ok. That's why I am here for. To gain some other user's input (hopefully based on their experiences) or I'll just be contented browsing GSMArena for the specs.

- 3G support

I think there's nothing else to add to this.

- at yung di naman sobrang mahal.. hehe

Of course, I want it reasonably priced. If I want to buy a pda phone that costs higher than my laptop, then why would I go for it? I could just buy another laptop for me and my mom instead of getting just ONE overly priced Windows Mobile PDA.

So again, I don't think I need to state anything more with the criteria that I've given. Regardless if I'll use it as a PDA (Organizer) or a Phone, I think it'll still fall on my given qualifications still. If I want a calculator and a mobile phone just for calling and texting then I wouldn't be here. If I will use it for watching movies and listening to songs then I should have stated it. Hope I've cleared something.

Hmmm I guess I can compare the HTC Touch Pro to your mercedes or porsche then. As it may fall to some of my criteria given but failed on the " NOT overly priced" one. And I am glad and thankful that there are some other suggestions that suits me more (eg. OMNIA, i780). Guess I'll just have to change my thread title though! Hehe THANKS again! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: