PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Sony Ericsson Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperInggo
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: videorecording Reply with quote

@RobertWalls,
Please tell us about the videorecording. if possible please share samples. thanks

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the long holidays, I'll probably have time to play with the unit. I'll post sample video recording for both Experia and my TyTN II for comparison.

SuperInggo
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats great! i'm planing to get one if i find your videorecording samples OK. It doesn't have to be great. Just enough to capture quick moments the free me from carrying a separate videocam.

I have a question about the flash. Does it light up already while still in focus? Or does it work like real camera flash that only lights in fraction of a second? I prefer the later.

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flash is an LED that lights up (steady) when you select "flash" mode and then then flashes when you take the picture; unlike a real camera that just flashes as needed only.

spiderman
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMMMM...... interesting...

" When CHINA is Awakens, the WORLD will TREMBLE " by Napoleon Bonaparte

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone played with the black one? The Xperia is sold in either black or chrome faces. The black one seems to scratch easily... it's either that or the guys at the display kiosks just abuse the dummy units really bad.

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen the black one; only the dummy. The reseller "claims" that only the chrome version will be available in the Philippines for now.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? Funny how the guys at the kiosks come up with different answers. Oh well...

The chrome version is actually the more durable of both in terms of finish. So I really wouldn't mind if I ended up with the chrome version.

Don't you just love that wide screen?

Sparky
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine a few days after Christmas. It's going great so far altho there are times that i experience lag spikes when swithching between apps and sometimes even on sms messages.

Aside from that, it's great. Camera's one of the best i've seen on a PPC Phone -(altho only had an O2 XdaII and an O2 Mini to compare it with)-
I like the layout of the keyboard. I have big hands but little to no problems in using it.

Still getting used to WM6.1. Only problem i have is i can't seem to send MMS and get my 3G/HSDPA/GPRS running. Currently on Globe-PP. Apparently, Globe has no existing settings for those yet (so they say in customer service and Globe Service Shops). But shouldn't those settings be standard for all Windows Mobile devices? Need help on that one. Confused

jayteecie
Windows Mobile Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your new toy! Very Happy
The settings shouldn't be any problem if you got the unit from Southeast asia afaik since once you insert your sim, it is suppose to configure automatically (at least that's my experience for Dopod/HTC roms for SEA).

@Robertwalls,
Any update on the GPS if it's working on your unit sir? Very Happy

RobertWalls
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SuperInggo
I did not get a chance to use the unit. My wife need to go out of town due to urgent business requirement. My apologies. Maybe Sparky can provide a feedback much sooner than I can.

@Sparky
Would you be able to post feedback and sample videorecording for SuperInggo?

@jayteecie
Thanks. As my wife has to go out of town, I got it running on my TyTN II. I found time to upgrade to WM6.1 over the holidays, and de-installed MapKing in the process. Thanks again.

Sparky
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobertWalls wrote:

@Sparky
Would you be able to post feedback and sample videorecording for SuperInggo?

not much into taking videos but here's my take on X1's video recording capabilities.

i had some friends over my place first time i used it. switched on night mode since it was, well night. Wink

anyway, latency was a bit bad imo. too much movement on both me or the people i'm shooting will result in blurs.

on auto mode, big improvement on latency altho there's still some. it's more watchable tho.

sound quality during video shoot is quite good.

one of the things i don't like about it also is that it saves as WMP instead of avi or mp4 or other better video codecs.

overall, aside from the latency problems, quality is actually good compared to the ones i've had before (XDAII and O2mini). good in terms of un-noticeable on both noise and pixelations.

i'd post samples but i'm a bit too tired and sleepy to upload any. (first day of work for the year. really annoying and draining. >.<;; )if you really really want to see one, send me a PM or reply here and i'll try to get on uploading some, maybe by tom or something.

anyway, hope that helps. Smile

maxdakota
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also had a lot of trouble with the video player on the phone. It didn't recognize any of our .mp4 files, though it had no trouble with some .m4v files (also h.264) that we created to use on our Apple iPhone 3G. Videos looked fantastic on the phone's display, but we honestly think 800 by 480 pixels is overkill, especially if there isn't an easy was to get high-resolution video onto the phone. We'd like to see some good, quick media software from Sony Ericsson, or perhaps even some content partnerships to take advantage of all those pixels.

dilin1984
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Xperia X1. I have used Sony Ericsson only for all these years, me first phone was K750, then i changed it to K800, now i'm using Xperia X1, For me it seems its video player lack some thing mainly because .mp4 re not playing, i transferred .mp4 files that was there in my PSP but nothin is working for me. now I'm planning to shift to Xperia X10. Or Is there a software that can help me to retain this phone.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried tcpmp (free) or coreplayer (paid)? do a google search on these both and see if they work on your unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Sony Ericsson Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: