PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

The Glofiish DX900 is coming to Manila
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new April 23, 2009 ROM update now available

WWE OS 551 Update Notification Update Notification
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231315581240463742.pdf

WWE 551 Version EUU File
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231308481240463313.exe

2577(DX900_0410_V127) Battery IC Firmware 2577(DX900_0410_V127) WWE
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231314031240463628.rar

3G Modem Firmware Modem
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231313101240463575.zip

Last edited by Picus on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

norbert
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DX900 Reply with quote

MrsDonaire wrote:
Just wanted to thank you guys for posting this thread. I use to have a MYPHONE T13 and use to put my Cingular Sim and Globe Sim in it, only to find out a friend who had the same phone had trouble using it in the states, let alone the email function on the T22.

My husband is the boxing champion Nonito Donaire and was sick of me investing in useless phones. So for two days I searched on the internet for a best dual sim phone. Finally when I found the DX900, it was such a hassel to even locate one--at least ones on the net not trying to scam with Western Union and stuff.

So I finally came across this forum two more days later that stated that Megamall had one. I immediately called and Francis and Jason at Xcite set one aside for me. Since my husband is training for his fight in Baguio, I had to drive all the way down just to pick up the phone.

I did not sleep for 24 hours playing with the phone. The functionality and capabilities are underpriced for the P28000 I paid. I've paid about this price in the states for a windows 5.0 mobile phone only single sim without gps function and only triband. I loved it so much I bought Nonito one for Valentines.

If you guys have any questions about uses, Ill be glad to share my experience with it.

Thanks so much
Rachel Marcial Donaire
www.FilipinoFlash.com

Hi Rachel,
Im Norbert from the Windows Mobile Team at Microsoft Philippines. I would like to thank you for your support of Windows Mobile products and sharing your experiences with fellow Windows Mobile users. I would like to ask your permission to feature this post as a user testimonial to include as content in our next month's Windows Mobile newsletter (sent to Microsoft Phils. corporate customers) and our soon to be revamped Website (windowsmobile.com.ph).
You can contact me at norbert@aquende.com or at +63(920)921-8461 on my mobile.

WindowsMobile.com.ph (coming soon)

Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad considering they just provided an ROM update just last April.

Here's another new one June 10, 2009 ROM update now available

WWE OS 610 Update Notification Update Notification
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200906101030541244601044.pdf

WWE 610 Version EUU File
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200906101022151244600526.zip

Last edited by Picus on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update. for the benefit of those who have the dx900, could you pls. post a link to the site for the download? i'm sure it will be greatly appreciated Very Happy

gogoy
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope in the near future someone can try to dump the rom and try to port it to our diffrent wm devices. im curious if this is possible, coz a dual sim adaptor is already available here for a cheap price. made for nokia and it works!. i also try the sim adaptor before to my rip xda 2 and it does switch network everytime a reset is made( the same proceedure for nokias to switch networks) . it would be very coool if someone try to port this rom to other device.

hlagos1
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picus wrote:
Not bad considering they just provided an ROM update just last April.

Here's another new one June 10, 2009 ROM update now available

WWE OS 610 Update Notification Update Notification
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200906101030541244601044.pdf

WWE 610 Version EUU File
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200906101022151244600526.zip

Hi Picus,

I have not done anything to my Glofiish DX900 firmware yet since I bought it. Firmware says CE OS 5.2.20269 (Build 20269.1.3.0). Can I skip the previous updates and just use the June update?

thanks

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Battery Life Reply with quote

I've been wanting to buy this Acer since i still carry two Pda phones. How bad or should i say how long does the battery last?

Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hlagos1

Since they have just 2 ROM update I'll go the step of updating it in order.

@Koda

My max is 1 day with normal use ( approximate 50 sms, 20 minutes calls)

But someone in another forum who have used Acer ROM can have the performance of:

Battery: 1.5 days max (normal use, 80-100 sms, 30-40 minutes calls) no turning off overnight

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: HELP MMS ACER Dx900 Reply with quote

Actually i'm not sure where to post this but since it concerns my thoughts of purchasing this Acer dx900 will place it here.

I'm currently using a HTC Diamond for my SMART line. I noticed that every time i receive MMS pictures, the phone connects to GPRS. This is validated by my monthly bill. In a month my GPRS bill alone sky rockets to 900 pesos.

I called smart a couple of times and disputed my bill. They said that it is my phone causing the problem. The MMS triggers the phone to connect to the GPRS network every time the phone receives MMS.

So, the customer care of Smart told me to change my phone for a month. I did this and yes they were correct. No GPRS bill for that month i was not using my HTC diamond.

I called HTC and no one could answer my problem. They said place the band on GSM instead of Auto...... I did this but same banana.

I also did a hard reset on the Diamond... same banana

Now my query on the ACER DX900. If i buy this phone, will i encounter the same problem that i had with the HTC diamond on MMS and GPRS?

Has anyone here tried receiving MMS on smart Newtwork using this Acer Dx 900? Were you charged 9 pesos for 30mins data usage for receiving a MMS?

I'll be tossing my diamond for this and will be able to save 10k a year!!

Koda
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks thanks Reply with quote

Picus wrote:
@hlagos1

Since they have just 2 ROM update I'll go the step of updating it in order.

@Koda

My max is 1 day with normal use ( approximate 50 sms, 20 minutes calls)

But someone in another forum who have used Acer ROM can have the performance of:

Battery: 1.5 days max (normal use, 80-100 sms, 30-40 minutes calls) no turning off overnight

Thanks for your reply... Sorry i have so many questions. I think i'm apprehensive in purchasing new phones because of my experience with my Diamond.

Are there two models for Dx900? One branded as Acer and the other as Glowfish?

Would this have the same rom/specs as ACER? Or are the roms interchangable with each other?

The reason i'm asking is because 1.5 days max is a wonderful battery life for a dual sim PDA. That's what i'm dreaming of buying.

So which will i look for to get the 1.5 days of battery life? So i don't need to flush the rom.,... etc..

Thanks again.

hlagos1
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Picus,

Any alternate site for the ROM update? I've tried donwloading the files and it always fails.

Did you have any issues with these ROM updates?

Koda,

The old name is Glofiish (by Eten), I think they were bought by Acer, so the DX900 has been re branded as Acer DX900. My only gripe with this phone is the lack of technical support from both Eten and Acer.

-hlagos1

Picus
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Koda

What I have is 2577(DX900_0410_V127) Battery IC Firmware 2577(DX900_0410_V127) WWE
http://www.etencorp.com/Support/downloadfile/rom/200904231314031240463628.rar

and its greatly improved the battery life.

@hlagos1

I don't have issues with the new ROMs installed, so far quite stable for me.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: HELP MMS ACER Dx900 Reply with quote

Koda wrote:
Actually i'm not sure where to post this but since it concerns my thoughts of purchasing this Acer dx900 will place it here.

I'm currently using a HTC Diamond for my SMART line. I noticed that every time i receive MMS pictures, the phone connects to GPRS. This is validated by my monthly bill. In a month my GPRS bill alone sky rockets to 900 pesos.

I called smart a couple of times and disputed my bill. They said that it is my phone causing the problem. The MMS triggers the phone to connect to the GPRS network every time the phone receives MMS.

So, the customer care of Smart told me to change my phone for a month. I did this and yes they were correct. No GPRS bill for that month i was not using my HTC diamond.

I called HTC and no one could answer my problem. They said place the band on GSM instead of Auto...... I did this but same banana.

I also did a hard reset on the Diamond... same banana

Now my query on the ACER DX900. If i buy this phone, will i encounter the same problem that i had with the HTC diamond on MMS and GPRS?

Has anyone here tried receiving MMS on smart Newtwork using this Acer Dx 900? Were you charged 9 pesos for 30mins data usage for receiving a MMS?

I'll be tossing my diamond for this and will be able to save 10k a year!!

You get charged for MMS when you receive them?

I always thought receiving MMS from SMART was free...

Anyway, all you have to check is the MMS settings of your phone. Make sure that it connects to the MMS GPRS connection settings and not the INTERNET GPRS connection settings.

Remember there are 2 APNs that run on the GPRS network. One for MMS and one for Internet.

Also, if by any chance you manually configured your connection settings, then I suggest you let the unit configure them automatically.

Just check the settings again. Your MMS settings should be for MMS and not the Internet. Also, it might not be the MMS that is triggering your Internet connection.

If by any chance you have activated your Live Messenger on your Windows Mobile device, this thing has a tendency to update the status of your contacts. It will then persistently try to connect to the Internet to update your messenger contacts' status or try to download all your email.

Another cause for the unit to connect to the Internet is that you have selected your email (if you created an account in your Inbox) to automatically send adn receive every X hours.

Still another possible cause is the use of Today Plugins or applications that need updating such as weather plugins or RSS feeds. This might trigger your Internet connection without you being aware that it's already doing so.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...afaik may charge ang sent and received mms. in addition, i couldn't get smart mms to work until i used "internet gprs" settings. don't know if inconsistent lang yung network when using mms settings kasi ayaw gumana sa akin...it just stays in my outbox

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace wrote:
hmmm...afaik may charge ang sent and received mms. in addition, i couldn't get smart mms to work until i used "internet gprs" settings. don't know if inconsistent lang yung network when using mms settings kasi ayaw gumana sa akin...it just stays in my outbox

Hmmm. That's funny. I'm on SMART and everything works fine.

Profile Name: MMS Default
MMSC Address: http://10.102.61.238:80
Data Connection: Smart MMS (selected from a drop down list. see below)
Gateway: WAP 1.x Gateway
IP Address: 10.102.61.46
Port: 9201

Smart MMS
Access Point name: MMS

This is how it's set up in the DX900 I tested.

Tested sending one just now. It works. BTW, also take note of the limits that you put. How many KB each message is and its limits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: