PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Samsung Omnia VS HTC TouchHD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Samsung Omnia or HTC TouchHD? Which one and why?
Samsung Omnia
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
HTC TouchHD
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 19

chrisrhob
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Samsung Omnia VS HTC TouchHD Reply with quote

I'm upgrading from my old 838pro and I am torn between these two devices, both are great phones that offer 5mega pix cam, Windows Mobile 6.1, great screen real estate but i am more leaning towards the Omnia for its 24GB space compared to TouchHD's 4GB but then again the TouchHD UI is awesome compared to Omnia but is it enough to justify the price difference? 35K+ for Omnia and 50K+ for Touch HD? I'm still undecided and would like to know your opinions on which phone would you choose and why? Confused

SuperInggo
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If cost and camera is not an issue then i choose TouchHD for its bigger and high-res screen. But the optical mouse in Omnia is god sent. After few days of using the mouse on my i780, I realize that I can no longer live without it! It's a perfect companion for WM phones.

Touch HD + Omnia camera + optical mouse = perfection!

gogoy
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: my opinion Reply with quote

I will go for HD my friend own an Onmia and he sez the phone sucks, lots of bugs, less support from developers. But if fond with good touch interface go get a G1.

jayteecie
Windows Mobile Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for Touch HD here. However, since you have been used to a keyboard, I'm not sure how you will fare without a keyboard anymore.

chrisrhob
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jay Smile ya been used to dopod838pro's slide out keyboard but parang medyo madali masira sliding keyboards so im going commando ika nga coz i think i would feel naked without the keyboard but hey, theres always a first for something Wink i want to go with the big screen real estate this time. So why HD for you? want to know your reasons sana why you choose one from the other, thanks Razz

jayteecie
Windows Mobile Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose it primarily because of the screen's 3.8 in. size and resolution, big factor on browsing, watching videos and GPS! Very Happy Here's some read: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_hd-review-300.php

sgt. shultz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htc....no regrets so far.omnia is not so bad but i'll take wvga anytime. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rodnav
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look up the prices for your choice.. you can way better prices on the net than at retail stores at malls. like the omnia, 16 gb + 8 gb micro sd would cost around 30k with warranty and 26 k with warranty (service only). the touch hd is a bit harder to find but can be had for 39 - 44k. good luck on your choice.

Roamron
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for the HTC Touch HD too if you have the money for it. Omnia wins in the camera department and value for money though. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: