PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Dopod D810 Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Dopod D810 Questions... Reply with quote

I recently got hold of a Dopod D810, and it's a great little device, the rom has even been reflashed to have gps functionality, but the thing is so damn hard to text with!!!

Which brings me to my problem, 3rd party keyboards don't work. I've tried, resco keyboard, spb keyboard, zoomboard,, ayaw lahat. Sad

When tapping on the popup list beside the keyboard icon, the 3rd party keyboard apps can be selected, but are not activated, the system defaults back to the built in keyboard.

Hope you guys can help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by monkeyking on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried going into start-->settings-->input-->input method? there are usually options there that allow you to choose the default input method.

i also had some problems which were fixed after i got the latest versions. in addition, is the unit flashed with a cooked rom? could also be the reason if the rom is buggy.

monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooked rom nga yata, have read a couple of posts at xda developers about that same problem, yun nga lang I can't let go of the cooked rom kasi mawawalan ng gps functionality, hay sayang talaga... Sad

Pyke
Windows Mobile Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install the application in the main memory and not in the Storage Card?
Billionton
HTC
Jabra
Sony

ii370HSSV '0773H

monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, sa main memory naka install.

monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!! Got those damn keyboards to work, Resco keyboard rocks! Very Happy

Here's what I did, in case there are others who have encountered this problem,

1. Download G4siptweak from here... http://blog.g4team.com/?p=52

2. Download sipchange from here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=271008

3. Install both apps into device and soft reset.

4. Install preferred keyboard, don't use it yet... Launch g4 siptweak and set the default keyboard to the one you just installed.

5. Launch sipchange and set the default keyboard to the one you just installed.

6. Soft reset and cross your fingers. Very Happy

Why 2 sip changers? Beats me, using only one of them didn't work for me.

With my input problems solved, I've now encountered a new problem (hence me changing the title of this thread...) My screen sometimes goes wonky, tapping on the middle of the screen will sometimes launch the start menu, the screen taps seem to be misregistered, this happens only occasionally, but gets really irritating when it happens while trying to enter a text message as the start menu keeps on popping up! Sad

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a software solution to this? Does Windows mobile have an application to "force-align" my screen like the "powerdigi" app for Palm devices?

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may be due to the cooked rom configuration. my friend re-installed his resco keyboard pro to his atom life after flashing the unit to an unofficial rom. while it used to work under the official rom, installing the app to the reflashed unit caused problems. to be specific, the screen alignment was out of whack. he just had to take it out and settle for the default keyboard.

monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried an app called digitizer check and it seems that my screen is aligned correctly, so the "cooked rom" could be the culprit. But back to the default rom would mean losing GPS functionality, so scratch that option. Smile

Is there a way to disable the start menu totally? So that even if the screen misregisters my taps, it won't bring up the start menu?

Having come from a palm device, I am used to doing things on the "desktop" instead of combing through a start menu, I already have ilauncher installed, so all my apps and control panel settings are on the today screen, my start button is mapped to a task manager.

monkeyking
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update ko lang... finally found a solution, used wisbar advanced and hid the start button! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Voila! No more annoying start menu pop-up, hehe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: