PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Samsung Omnia 2 users here..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the upgrade is actually already available:

http://ph.samsungmobile.com/supports/softwaremanuals/softwareOtherUpdate.do

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi, new rom is out from secany:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/293492/secanys-i8000-wm65-rom/page/2840/

alfhatz
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should try secany's new firmware. its faster and stable compare to the old one.

orlandopasionjr
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppcsurfr wrote:
ace wrote:
from their helpdesk, they're saying it's this november. hope this pushes through.

kakatawa lang, i already went to a couple of samsung shops and the people there have absolutely no clue as to the upgrade.

Yeah... kasi naman...

Anyway, Samsung promised this way back before the launch which is a good thing. At least you get extended usage out of it.

ganoon ba, plan ko pa naman mag-upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5.

I'm using Omnia Pro. (GT-B7320).

New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: ebook reader Reply with quote

hi...what are the applications para ma read mga ebooks?? dami ko nang na download and my omnia says...not a valid pocket pc application...plz help...i already have adobe reader and it works well..the other ebooks are pdb file and CHM file..ano naman mga yun?? Rolling Eyes

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some ebooks apps: microsoft reader, mobipocket, ubook. some ebook formats: .lit, .pdb

the ebooks you have can be read using the appropriate application. afaik, no single ebook reader can open all of them.

i suggest you do a google search on the ebook reader apps that can open the ones you downloaded. here's one link that you can use:

http://www.smartphonemag.com/cms/_archives/Feb05/ebookreaders.aspx

hope this helps Wink

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: flashing rom Reply with quote

Can I just flash the PDA and not the the other 2? And what is your current winmo 6.5 PDA version guys? the PDA contains the windows mobile right?

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that's what i did after the official upgrade to 6.5. i have i8000famij3 for csc and i8000dxij1 for phone. the pda portion is your choice to make.

just to make sure that no bugs occur after flashing, i always "clean up" my eeprom after flashing (which also hard resets your device so make sure you have your data backed up in case you want to do this). using your phone keypad, type in *2767*3855#

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: flshing again Reply with quote

ace wrote:
yes, that's what i did after the official upgrade to 6.5. i have i8000famij3 for csc and i8000dxij1 for phone. the pda portion is your choice to make.

just to make sure that no bugs occur after flashing, i always "clean up" my eeprom after flashing (which also hard resets your device so make sure you have your data backed up in case you want to do this). using your phone keypad, type in *2767*3855#

Thanks for your response mate. Therefore I can flash my 6.1 pda with 6.5 pda (I8000NXXIJ9) without flashing the preinstalled csc and phone version, then hard reset? if I do this will there be a problem or conflict on the csc, phone and pda? Coz I got a problem last time upgrading to 6.5 using the pc studio, used it for 1 day but then my phone locked after that. Now I will have my phone back but samsung downgraded it to 6.1 again instead they should do the free upgrade, they even blamed me that it was my fault, it should not be on the warranty and told me that the upgrade is not supported in PH, . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah no...i meant you can flash the pda part to any 6.5 version (ij9, il5 etc.) w/out changing csc and phone. i do know some people who experienced problems when they kept the 6.1 csc and phone versions and only flashed the pda part to 6.5.

in fact, i tried to downgrade the phone and csc parts back to 6.1 while retaining 6.5 to keep some of the "official" parts/versions intact, but failed in the flashing activity.

just curious, but where did you go to have the phone fixed? have you also tried contacting their customer support group via phone? last time i checked they said their technicians resigned. i don't know if samsung already got replacements and have already trained these people adequately. if you go to the samsung philippineswebsite, they actually have the software update for omnia 2.

it's ironic that they put it up themselves, announce it then blame you if the diy update causes problems. if that's the response they gave, then it's obvious samsung's after sales service, at least for winmobile, needs to be improved. not patronizing anyone, but the after sales service of SiS, htc's local distributor of htc, is a far cry from what you've experienced. hp, when they were still aggressive in winmo, offered decent after sales support service as well.

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace wrote:

just curious, but where did you go to have the phone fixed? have you also tried contacting their customer support group via phone?

First I sent my unit in samsung tech center in Bacolod, they said that they dont have that "new device" to fix my phone, I got no choice but to send it to the main tech center in NCR. I haven't talked with their support group, but I was there when the store rep , where I bought my omnia 2, talking with the customer support and said to send the phone to them. Then after a week the store rep called to me and told me that it was caused by the upgrade Mad . But then after hearing that I thought that the samsung techs is not qualified or doesn't have the full understanding of this subject.

BTW I kept my upgrade materials, made back up of the files that pc studio downloaded, those are:

CSC_I8000FAMIJ3.CSC
Eboot_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40.EB0
PDA_I8000NXXIJ9_HW_40.MST
Phone_I8000DXIJ1_REV_04.BIN

Got trauma with these files, hahaha. But are these legit files to flash?

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsk tsk....

yes, the upgrade materials that you have are the official ones for 6.5. i just hope they're not corrupted, hence a possible reason for the problem. but the main thing running through my head is why it worked for a day or two before malfunctioning.

you can also download them at the modaco website. there are also various tweaks that can maximize your use of the omnia 2

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.. maybe I need to back-up the current winmo 6.1 files before upgrading again.

That problem really ruined my holiday vacation. I flashed it using the ones in modaco before, but the same thing happened. Saw a thread in another site which has the same problem like me but his phone was omnia i and saw other htc phones which has same problem like me but all those threads is unsolved.

Found some users with the same problem like me in modaco http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/294725/please-help-no-network/ . One user there said that his board is also replaced like mine. Maybe the problem is caused by some factory defect because as I read that thread there phones are brand new when the problem occured, mine was 3 to 4 days after buying it.

All I can say is goodluck for me hahaha. Anyways I hope when windows mobile 7 is release samsung will still have a free update in our phones.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the looks of it, this may actually be a hardware problem since it ran ok a day or two after you flashed it to 6.5.

as for winmo 7, i doubt if we'll be getting an upgrade since there are minimum hardware requirements (afaik a capacitive screen which the omnia 2 does not have).

Glendon M.
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi OMNIA users,

Let me ask if this update works on Samsung Omnia Pro B7320, coz
I had my smartphone updated to WinMo 6.5 using the AT&T link
intended for Samsung Jack. All I thought that all Winmo 6.5 OS upgrade
will work on all Samsung smartphone. I admit it was my fault, much regret
here for not researching.

Currently my phone is un-usable, excited pa naman ako coz it is new. Although it can boot but the hard keys
are not working (after the update) and the warning light (green and red)
are constantly on. Crying or Very sad

Can I possibly regress to Winmo 6.1 standard?

I will appreciate for any help, I am very DESPERATE
Thank you in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: