PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

New_PC_Studio_1.4.0.IK1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfhatz
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: New_PC_Studio_1.4.0.IK1 Reply with quote

Does anyone updated their samsung omnia 2 to new WM6.5 using New_PC_Studio_1.4.0.IK1?

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup...did the update through nps and already got the official rom

alfhatz
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not able to update the official WM6.5 from NPS after flashing it to secany's WM6.5 rom. when updating using NPS it has an error message saying device is not supported.

i think, you flashed sorg's rom before and you're able to update from NPS?
may i know what's the latest firmware you have after you update from nps.

as of now, i'm using secany's L2 firmware.
Here's my latest firmware.

PDA: I8000NXXIL2
CSC: I8000FAMIJ2
PHONE: I8000XXIL1

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually downgraded to everything to ih5 using this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-ii-gsm-rom-discussion/292743/fully-working-samsung-i8000-rom-i8000xxih5/

this contains the official rom which then allowed me to upgrade to 6.5 via nps. i now have: xxij9, famij3, and dxij1

it won't work if you flashed to other roms such as secany's.

alfhatz
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ace..

now i know what's my problem. i forgot to tell you that i've downgraded to 6.1 after i updated it to secany's rom. thats why it says in NPS device not supported coz i used XSO csc instead of FAM.

thank you for providing me the link.

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: upgrade problem Reply with quote

@ace: kuya ace, didn't you have any problem after upgrading? coz when I upgraded my omnia 2 using the exact pc studio it successfully upgraded from windows mobile 6.1 to 6.5 but then after a day or two my phone is messed up, it is network locked, cannot use PH sim cards. Sent it to samsung for repair then they said the problem was because of the upgrade and told me also that PH doesn't have full support in winmo 6.5 upgrade. I quickly said in my mind "WTF!".

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sent it to samsung for repair then they said the problem was because of the upgrade and told me also that PH doesn't have full support in winmo 6.5 upgrade

that is probably the lamest excuse i have ever heard! even if that were true (w/c i dont' think it is), then it's their responsibility to fix whatever problems their official software caused.

i didn't encounter any problems such as yours, nor have i heard of any similar experiences from other omnia 2 users locally. what's weird here is that your unit was running fine and then the network lock happened after a day or two. maybe you could backtrack and check if that was caused by changes in settings, installed apps, or even the sim itself. you could also try reflashing either:

-officially by downgrading to ih5 (wm 6.1) as shown in the previous post and then upgrade again via pc studio; or

-get the data files needed from the modaco site (i8000xxij9 and i8000dxij1) and reflash using octans. i don't think anyone has uploaded i8000famij3 there so you can go to google and do a search. here's one link i found (i haven't tested yet since i haven't reflashed since the official upgrade):

http://rs566.rapidshare.com/files/328713435/CSC_I8000FAMIJ3.CSC

just to verify, did you download the pc studio app from the samsung phil. website? if not, it wouldn't hurt if you did.

hope this helps

sonnynabong
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks mate, yep that was very lame, and they told me that they have replaced the board just to get it fixed, therefore Im thinking that it wasn't the software but the phone itself. Yep I have downloaded pc studio from samsung mobile ph. Once I get it back I will upgrade again though they told me not upgrade to avoid the same problem Laughing I just don't feel satisfied using an old software when I know that there is a latest and better.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked they post the official upgrade and say it's available then when you use it and something goes wrong, they say it caused problems with the hardware? and when you tell them to upgrade it, they say it's not available?

shaking my head on this...

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the sad thing about it.

until Samsung has real Windows Phone experts on their side, I think this is going to be their normal answer. I think there are a lot of vendors that have not accepted the fact that these phones are more like PCs than ummm.... their basic cellphones.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish they could improve this. even if their windows phones are better priced, their consumer base will eventually fade away if their support services don't step up to the plate

rleo6965
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry. Wrong post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: