PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Saving Contacts on your WindowsPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orlandopasionjr
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Saving Contacts on your WindowsPhone Reply with quote

Any suggestion kung ano ang best practice to save contacts on your WM Phone.

1. Outlook Contact
2. Windows Live
3. SIM

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving Contacts on your WindowsPhone Reply with quote

orlandopasionjr wrote:
Any suggestion kung ano ang best practice to save contacts on your WM Phone.

1. Outlook Contact
2. Windows Live
3. SIM

The best for me so far is to save the contact information in Outlook.

You can never go wrong with this one.

It allows you to save all the data in about 40+ fields. If you add a birthday or anniversary, it will update your calendar to reflect these dates and actually remind you in the future.

Windows Live is a secondary list and so far I see it's functionality as just that - a secondary list.

The SIM is nothing compared to the 2 listed above. The SIM will only give you limited space and contact info. It's good for those emergency and frequently called numbers but to store a person's complete contacts database? It's just not capable of doing so.

The nice thing about Outlook contacts is that it will synchronize it with your Outlook on the desktop which in turn will synchronize all the dates with your calendar. Outlook on your PC becomes a quick and easy way of saving your contact info, calendar info, notes,and tasks. If for some reason you change your unit with another windows phone, synchronizing it with your PC will bring back ALL your information.

I store things in Outlook which allows me to synchronize the same information with any of the 7 Windows phones I am testing.

For another way of storing contacts and other information, you might want to check on My Phone which is a Microsoft service.

http://sn1-p1.myphone.microsoft.com/mkweb/Start.po?mkt=en-PH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: