PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

samsung omnia pro: B7320 / B7330

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosgie
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: samsung omnia pro: B7320 / B7330 Reply with quote

hello guys,

any users here of samsung B7320 and/or B7330?

please share your experience with these devices.

thanks in advance!

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to briefly play with the B7320 and I would say I don't have anything to complain about.

Running on Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5 it will give you all the things necessary to organize your life. From contacts, email, schedule, notes and other office related stuff.

Samsung is a very dependable brand and the marriage of a Samsung device with a Windows OS just makes you more confident that you can go anywhere without feeling that you've left your work behind.

raw_knee
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my B7320 since December 2009. First time WM user. I was really aiming for a QWERTY phone when I planned on buying a phone.

I'm a Mac user (don't ask why I didn't get an iPhone), so software that can be used to sync any WM phone to my MacBook is quite scarce. I'm using SyncMate at the moment.

Backup is done through MyPhone, so no problems whatsoever in case the phone's contents got erased.

I use the phone to connect to our home network, and can almost say that I have no problems with it, except for the fact that I have to switch the phone to "flight mode" (no GSM/3G connection) to force most of the apps to use wi-fi.

Battery life was so-so on the first few weeks that I had to charge every night just to make sure that I won't run out of juice the following day. Now I can go for 3 days texting and calling without the battery running empty. I haven't had the time to try it, but the phone might be able to run up to 2 days without charging if I use 3G or wi-fi every now and then.

Decent camera output, but I don't really use it that much. FM radio has great reception (of course you have to have the headset in order to turn it on).

Call quality through the earpiece is great. Speaker volume during 3G video call is quite soft, I recommend using the headset. One thing I notice with the headset is that there might be too much noise cancellation or volume control going on, since for a split second the caller's voice is barely audible, then it goes to its normal volume. Video from the front cam is just fine.

I'm not really looking for a lot from the phone at first. After I got used to it (my music and pictures are stored in the phone, as well as my tasks and weekly schedule, some notes stored in OneNote), I can say that for Php13,000+ this phone gives more 'bang for the buck' compared to other competing models. Smile

PS: The phone has solid build quality. It's entering its 4th month, and up to now it doesn't creak, nor did the case and battery cover loosen up.

talldude.62
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my B7330 about last month. coming from a 5 year old treo 600, having a slim and beautiful screen is a big plus for me. i need physical QWERTY keyboard as im a heavy SMS user.

what im impress is the seamless sync between outlook and B7330. this allows me just to maintain one calendar for both work and non-work schedules, which is quite cool for me.

i have a bluetooth wireless headset and it works well with it. but the windows media player in B7330 has volume limitation. in the noise of LRT or MRT there are times you cant hear the music thru the headset even i put the volume high for both devices. unlike TCPMP that has pre-amp functionality that can make MP3 sound louder.

coming from palm OS, what is a bit frustrating is a low number of apps available for windows mobile standard. since i got this, i have been trying and searching for good free apps which sadly lack much in windows. so i ended maximizing office mobile for things that can be work on them Smile

if you guys have a good list of free apps for windows mobile standard, let me know.

the QWERTY keyboard is ok for most of the part. it just weird that they made the alt symbols in red which is quite hard to see in low light conditions.

the email client is linked to my gmail via IMAP and it is good experience coming from an old treo 600.

IMHO, B7330 is a great phone for people like me a heavy SMS user and a schedule freak! i just wish there were more free apps. cheers ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Samsung Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: