PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and Windows Phone 7 Series official
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloudx_23
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and Windows Phone 7 Series official Reply with quote

ppcsurfr wrote:
Windows Mobile 6.5.3 the touch friendly Windows Mobile OS version is finally official. But does it really work?

First of all, I would say Microsoft did a good job of including more finger touch friendly controls onto a pretty good platform. But as always, everything comes like a half baked idea.

Do I hate it? Of course not. I can't seem to go back to Windows Mobile 6.1 after experiencing Windows Mobile 6.5!

It just falls back to the point that eventually you will look for a stylus to use when you notice that not all the controls are really touch friendly. And one of these is simply the lack of a decent SIP or Soft Input Panel. Usually you would look for a numeric keypad or a qwerty keypad with large keys. Sad to say Microsoft only includes their standard qwerty keypad which is very outdated.

While Windows Mobile 6.5 is more like an interim OS/Platform before we see the Windows Phone 7 Series units in the market, I would cut them a little slack. But of course here are the things which I do hope turn out well when the Windows Phone 7 Series units do come out.

1. A touch friendly keypad with a protective layer that covers all controls so if you hold the phone up to your face, you don't accidentally end the call, put it in mute, activate the speakerphone, call another number and the like.
2. Most buttons that require protection from accidental activation are slide buttons.
3. A large key qwerty keypad that uses gestures like that found on the original qwerty keypad which allows you to capitalize, add a space, backspace, or enter using basic 4 directional gestures.
4. Less redundancy on buttons and all. I just can't figure out why ther are 2 call buttons and 2 end call buttons for the phone. How many do you really need? It's either they remove the software buttons or remove the hardware buttons. Please decide! I'd rather use those extra buttons to launch something else than duplicate the call and end call buttons.
5.That top bar is just not nice. Why can't it be transluscent or something. Why not make it like the lower buttons of IE6 mobile? That's gonna make more sense.

Well, no matter what. The best thing about the Windows phone is that it synchronizes all my data with my PC the right way... and there isn't any other way I would have it.

As for Windows Phone 7 Series... well engadget got the scoop.

Windows Phone 7 Series: that's the name

where can I download the winmo 6.5.3? pls reply..thanks

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this upgrade would depend on your device's manufacturer. you can also try to search if there are unofficial upgrades provided by other sources

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me take back what I said...

It's more like 10 steps forward and 5 steps back.

It's too bad that they took away some of the good things that Windows Mobile has offered to its users. What are these? Expandable memory and Cut and Paste and Multi-tasking.

But, if you look at all they are offering now, it's a mix of the iPhone and the Palm!

Remember the Palm's answer to multi-tasking? It saves the state of an app so you can go back where you left off... well, that's just what the Windows Phone will do. While it is capable of multi-tasking, it won't be available to the developers in this release version.

Cut and paste? Well, they might put it back if people complain about missing it too much.

Expandable memory? At 8GB, I think it's pretty huge for most mobile users, and if they can offer one with 32GB, then who needs a removable memory.

All I'm wishing for is that the unit can be readily recognized as an external drive.

As for the Zune Experience, well, it runs on CE 6 and it relies heavily on the ZuneHD experience.

So far, it might just be the phone we've been waiting for.

Including all the things that Microsoft has left out. Now that it the 5 steps back which they took.

The clean interface, the removal of the redundant call and end call buttons, the redundant commands... hopefully they've taken all redundant commands away... makes this an easier phone to navigate.

The iPod/iPhone like keyboard is something I'm not too sure if it's as smart as it looks. I just hope that it supports gestures to ease all the typing. I hate having to hit the Shift button, the Enter button, and the space button as well as hitting the back/delete button. If they did their homework, they would at least include gestures into the new keyboard and make everyone really happy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> Windows Mobile News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: