PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

HD2 or HD7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randy
New Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: HD2 or HD7? Reply with quote

Poll:

HTC HD2 or HTC HD7?

would you settle for the new HD7 or the HD2?

still wondering how the fellow members would choose.

the windows phone 7 is offering a new and richer UI however limitations such as no USB mass storage mode, limitations on pc interface, etc.

or the WM 6.5 with full interface to your pc, lesser eye candy than the former.
(please correct me if i am wrong, i havent tried any of these phones yet)

since HD7 are still not on our stores yet, we still have time to think (for those thinking of replacing their phones) before we make our choice.

please state your reason for choosing. (mods: i don't know how to make a poll)

Thanks.

ace
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the hd2 even though wm7 was already announced. as recently discussed in this forum, wm7 is considered a step back from the max functionality desired by wm users.

the launch of wm7 phones MAY prod me to get one in the future, but given its various "soon to be included" features, i'm not one to rush in. i'd like to see first if there are upcoming revisions with improvements that may make me change my mind. this is subjective of course, as there may be some features that other users may or may not need that would help them decide to go for it or not.

randy
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply ace.

i experienced using an android phone, and personally i still liked the way i managed everything on my i780 rather than the androids manage itself for you (i can't get the exact words, but i hope you get what i meant).

anyone else? especially to HD2 users, have you had any complains about using your phones? since the HD2 price got lower, it is now tempting to have one. or it is still worth waiting for the HD7, say after a couple of months. the time may probably be enough for developers to enhance the WP7.

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's put it this way.

If you are looking for a phone which you can tweak, sync, and play around with, then WM6.5 will be the one for you.

If you are looking for a connected phone that constantly updates everything from email to your favorite social networking sites, then WP7 is for you.

Android is pretty much like WM6.5 mixed with an iPhone.

After testing an Android device, I'm pretty much missing my WM6.5 phone. And if I do get the chance to own a WP7 device... I'm sure my life will adjust to work well with that device.

I wrote an article about netbooks. I think the netbook takes the place of a very portable internet device which has decent display options, and a pretty good input device (keyboard). No Windows Phone can beat a netbook for blogging, surfing, and working.

What used to be a PC in your pocket may just as well take several steps back and just be a connected phone in your pocket. A phone that can update you about your friends profile, comments, status, etc.

The WP7 is a phone... not a PC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> HTC / Dopod Windows Mobile Professional devices All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: