PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

What's your thoughts on the new Windows Phone 8?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Mint
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: What's your thoughts on the new Windows Phone 8? Reply with quote

With the recent announcement of Windows Phone 8. What are the features that you like the most?

ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Phone 8 is something which I would certainly upgrade to from Windows Mobile 6.5.

It may not be the same beast nor is it from the same heritage as the old Windows Palm-sized PCs, Pocket PCs or Windows Mobile but it is a mobile phone which certainly can bear the name Windows.

I never really liked the idea of having the guys from the Zune group develop the pocket pc phone giving it more limitations than functionalitym but that has all changed with Windows Phone 8.

While Windows Phone 8 is still does not have the multi-tasking abilities of the Pocket PC Phone, it certainly makes up for it in a way.

It actually lets users from orther mobile OS driven devices to easily transition to it.

Here are the things I like about the Windows Phone 8.
- I can use the HTC 8X as a removable storage which is readily accepted by Windows PCs from XPm Vista, 7 (tested) and 8 (needs confirmation) even without loading the drivers.
- I can use it as a USB storage device and attach it to a DVD player and play movies stored in it.
- I love the integration of messenger and SMS/MMS, but still have no idea how this will end up when Live Messenger is retired and SKYPE becomes the main messenger product of Microsoft.
-I like the implementation of the calendar which is tied up to my outlook.com account. It can show my personal calendar, and my work calendar.
-I like it that I can view PDFs in it, open and edit word and excel which is a must have for an entrepreneur.

What I can't get used to is that it has no full-time multi-tasking. I hate it that some apps just have to "resume" when you get back to them.

I also miss the more detailed settings which really allows a user to have full control of their device.

I'm also not so sure if I really like the file system of the Windows Phone, since I really like being able to access all folders in my old device.

I find the phone function odd, not having a smart tap feature which tapping on the numbers brings up numbers or letters (names) in the contacts list. Something which was in the older Windows Mobile phones which is no where to be found in the current version (although there is an app that allows you to do this but it is not integrated into the phone app itself).

But the bottomline is. With what I need it for... it has been able to deliver with great performance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: