PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index

Home Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Home Forum Profile FAQ Search Memberlist Private Messages Log in  Register

Where are all the Windows Mobile/Windows Phone users?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> PinoyWindowsMobile.Net Mobility Events and Site News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppcsurfr
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Where are all the Windows Mobile/Windows Phone users? Reply with quote

This certainly brings back some memories. Way back when Windows CE was trying to gain ground and the popular device of choice was the Palm, we Windows CE users kinda felt left out.

Hence the formation of the group Pocket PC Users Philippines which started out as a Yahoo! mailing list. Soon enough, a formal site was needed and a forum integrated into it. This is what it has been for many years. But with a huge difference.

Microsoft was already at the forefront of the mobile computing industry with their Windows Mobile phone, but why did they have to abandon such success? Well, in their thinking, there simply wasn't much room to grow. In the users' thinking, it was simply a betrayal. Microsoft left its followers with nothing that pleased them. They were forced to like a product that was no where near what the users got so accustomed to and the worst of all, a phone which has less than 25% of the capabilities of its predecessor.

Well, hopefully all that will change. But will Microsoft regain its following? Maybe not.

What's needed is for Microsoft to see the truth about how people use their phones and what they really want to do with it. Being an iphone copycat isn't a good way to start and to completely turn their back on the PC in your pocket concept is so unlike Microsoft.

What do I want to be able to do with my phone? What do the users want to be able to do with their phones? The answer is simple. -- MORE!

If I can do more with this, I'll be very happy. If it can even perform the basic tasks of a phone I would be very happy. Microsoft should stop copying even the mistakes of Apple and Google.

If that happens, then maybe we'll see more people finding sites dedicated to these devices more interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PinoyWindowsPhone Forum Index -> PinoyWindowsMobile.Net Mobility Events and Site News All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: